Chapter 16

Sehmat *past*

I have been staying with Muhammad for a whole month now and I have not figured out my step forward, I did manage to start filing a divorce which Muhammad decided to help with. He only keeps me posted on everything going on and as of now I'm still married to Rahim.

My stay here has been the same routine, wake up, help Annie, watch TV or play with Jace and sleep. That's all I do. Muhammad and I have become closer a bit, but I still don't trust him but not as much as I thought I shouldn't before.

Annie was leaving for her parents house today and she was leaving jj behind apperently her parents don't want a child she got out of wedlock, which cleared my doubts about her and Muhammad being married.

I walk down stairs and meet Muhammad and Jace watching TV.

" hey you" Muhammad said immediately he saw me.

" hey" I smiled and sat down beside them on the couch.

"I thought you left for work" I said to him and he shakes his head.

Jace laughs at something someone said in the movie and I realise it wasn't a baby friendly show.

"how can you watch a movie like this with him?" I asked Muhammad with a scrowl on my face.

" he is a man he has to watch this" he Said not looking at me.

" you are a bad father" I said changing the channel.

"no I'm not" he pouted and I laugh at him

" you think?" I smiled and he dropped jj on the ground.

" I know" he said and I disagree.

I sit on the carpet next to jj and turned to look at him

"Jace honey is Dada a good dad?" I asked him and he looks at me then Muhammad.

I see Muhammad nod at him and he looks away immediately I turn to look at him

"yes!" he exclaimed and Muhammad picked him up throwing him up in the air.

I laugh at them as they both put out their tounges at me in a mocking way.

"okay okay you both can stop now" I said laughing hard.

" I'm ready!" Annie said walking down the stairs with a huge suite case. Muhammad helps her with it and she thanked him. She walked up to Jace who was now in my hand and gave him a swift kiss.

" mommy will be back soon, be good okay?" she said to him and he nodded.

"I will miss you" she said to him and he hugged her tightly.

" i will be back soon" she said to him and smiled at him.

I hug her and tell her o will take care of jj, she hugs me again and thank me before leaving with Muhammad.

I made lunch and clean Jace up once he was done eating. Muhammad came back hours later and we all played some games to cheer Jace up when he cried over Annie.

"come on you need a nap" I said picking Jace up I take him to my bedroom and lay him down. Once he is fast asleep head downstairs and began to make dinner for us.

"hey" Muhammad said sitting on the island.

" hey" I said not looking back at him.

" need help?" he asked and I laughed

" you don't know how to cook" I said and I hear him gasp

" you think?" he said now standing behind me. I can feel his warm breath on my neck and its a real distraction. I try to move away but he holds my hand and turns me around to face him.

" how do you think I survive all these years?" he said looking into my brown eyes.

" I don't know" my voice was low.
I stare at him as he looks at my lips. He moves closer to me and I watch him carefully.

Don't you let him kiss you! My  subconscious said in my head.

"what are you doing?" I asked

Why is my voice low?

But he doesn't say anything as he came closer to me and reached out to get a  bottle of water.

He grabs it and chugged it down immediately.

" what did you think I was going to do?" he said with a sly smile

" nothing " I said feeling embarrassed

" I think it was something" he said moving closer.

His arms were around my waist,and within seconds my chest was touching his. He moves his head down while he was staring at me with so much intensity. I looked at his very pink lips and then back to him, me dips his head down and once our lips were about to touch I move away quickly.

°
Muhammad

Just as our lips were about to touch she moves away like I was hurting her.

" I'm sorry... I shouldn't have" I said immediately she turned around to check on whatever it was she was cooking.

She doesn't say anything and I walk out of the kitchen without a word. I have absolutely no idea why I did that. I didn't like her, not one bit.

But in the past month I have gotten to know her and she isn't as bad as she seemed, but it still didn't explain why I did that. She is a boundle of joy that is going through a lot, I was glad she asked me to help file a divorce.

I sat on the couch and turned on the TV and watched the first thing I saw. I stayed there quietly and watched the show that made no sense to me.

" dinner is ready" she said while setting the table.

" I will help" I said and she declined.

" no thank you" she said and walked back into the kitchen.

" what's wrong?" I asked immediately she walked back

" I don't know.... The fact that you were about to cheat on Annie! I thought you loved her?" she said and I was shocked.

" what do you mean cheat on Annie?" I asked her and she looked baffled

" I know you both are an item why else will you have a six hour old kid with her? " she said" she really likes you, all she talks about is how much of a great father you are to Jace and I can't let you cheat on her and besides I'm still married " she said and stormed upstairs.

What the hell is going on?

I sit at the table waitkng for her to come back down but she didn't. I eat and clean my dish and walk into my room.

I strip naked and take my bath, I put on my plaid pants and head to sleep.

×

Hope you enjoyed this chapter

Please vote
Share
Comment and
Add to your library

Nafisah 😻