Chapter 20

Sehmat *past *

  Jace has been excused from school today. As much as I wanted him to get his mind off what happened I know it won't be easy. Jace hasn't been himself today, he has been mourning and been sad. He hasn't even eaten his meal much. I cry every time I think of the poor child bit having a mother in his life anymore.

Muhammad wasn't on the bed when I woke up, I didn't bother to check his room becuase David said he didn't go to work. I know he is in pain, I know what it feels like to lose someone you love.

I check the door to his room but the plate of food I dropped in front of it was still there.

" Muhammad you can't stay hungry forever" I said thriufh the door but got no reply.

" I know it's hard but you hsve to move on, you have to take care of Jace at least Ann..." he opened the door before I could finish speaking.

" shut up and Leave! I don't want to eat or see anyone!" he yelled and shut the door on my face before I could say a thing at all.

I walk back to my room and meet Jace on the bed.

" hey baby " I said to laying next to him on the bed

" is Dada mad mama left? " he asked.

" no... He just misses her "I said and he looked at me

" I'm mad at her for leaving me"he said a tear escaped his eye.

" don't be baby she didn't mean to leave you... She is an angel cause she wants to love you from above" I wipe his tear and he smiles.

" I love you" I said kissing his head.

" like mama does?" he asked

"like mama does" i said kissing his head.

We talk and talk for hours before I make lunch and we eat. Muhammad still didn't come down nor open his door again. I watched some shows with Jace till it was dinner time we eat the left overs from lunch and I put him to sleep.

I knock on Muhammad's door one more time and he doesn't open it. I turn the nob and walk in with a Salaam.

"Muhammad?" I asked looking around the dim room

" are you in here?" I asked looking around but got no response.

I knock on the bathroom door but no response, I walk in and found Muhammad laying only in shorts on the floor. Blood was everywhere on the ground I drop to my knees to the ground and turn him over. His wrist was cut.

Was he attempting suicide?

"Muhammad" I called tapping his face but he didn't say anything. I wipe the tears falling down my face and I get up to the sink and pour water into a cup and sprinkle it in his face. I got scared and called up dee.

" Muhammad he... He is dead I think" I said as soon as I got her.

"what are you saying?" she asked confused

" he is on the ground his wrist is cut I'm confused dee" I said wiping my nose on my blouse

" take him to a hospital text me the address okay" she says and hangs up before I could say anything.

I rush downstairs and call David he helps me take Muhammad downstairs and I rush back to get Jace who was sleeping.

Once we get to the nearest hospital I text dee and wait in the lobby with Jace on my legs. I wrap my arms around him and promise him Muhammad will be fine.