Chapter 19

Present only

MUHAMMAD

" I killed Mr Johnson on the 9th of June" sehamt said. My heart dropped. My wife lied to me, i know she didn't do it but she lied when I asked her to tell me if anything was wrong she said nothing was wrong.

She looked away from me immediately the judge sentenced her life in prison. I stood up and left immediately the judge left. I sat on the bench thinking of what to do. I don't know if I should miss her or be mad at her, this hurt me soo much sehmat has never lied to me even if she did she will always tell me the truth.

"Muhammad!" my lawyer called and I looked up at him

"what happened in there?" he asked as he stood in front of me

"I have no idea, I'm really sorry" I apologize to him and he nods his head..

" you don't need to apologize, I'm here if you need me" he said and walked away. I turn around and meet sehmat's eyes. She was crying, her eyes were red and her lips trembling.

"hammad" she said in a low voice.

My heart broke from how much she was crying. I wanted to wrap my hands around her and tell her she will be fine but I don't know if that's possible

" hammad I'm so sor..." she started but I cut her off

" you are sorry? Sehmat how could you lie to me? I asked you if there was anything I needed to know but what did you say!?" I yelled at her.

" you don't know why I did it" she said calmly.

Why is she so calm about this? Does she have any idea she is going to jail for life and I would watch her helplessly leave me.

" I did it to save you hammad, they kept on threatening me, all those notes were threats, they know everything" she said her voice cracking.

" why didn't you say anything before!? We could have used it to prove your innoce!" I continued.

" becuase if I had said anything you would be dead by now!" she yelled back at me with tears running down her beautiful caramel skin.

" you can't leave me hammad, get me out of here, put them behind bars " she said" for the sake of our kids "

Our kids?

" our kids? Sehamt did you just say our kids? The only child I have with you is the one in your womb!" Im starting to get irritated

" they are your kids hammad you have always called them yours "she said her mouth was trembling like she was cold.

" they are not my kids sehmat! I didn't make them with you! They are his kids! I just helped you with your lie and I'm not going to do that any more! " I yelled at her and watched her move back like my words were hitting her more than I thought they would

" how could you say that? Hammad I did this to save you! I am going to jail to save you, to protect you! Yet you are telling me this? What happened to the love? To I will be here no matter what!?" she yelled back this time holding her tears back.

" the love died immediately you lied to me! It is dead sehmat I will never love you! You are a broken mess that I picked up from the street and helped grow. You are nothing but an ungrateful piece of shit!" I said she only shook her head and wiped her tears with her cuffed hands.

"  I don't believe you " she said quietly as she turned around to the cop behind her

" I'm ready to go " she said to him and they walked away without her looking back at me.

I get in my car and head home. I took a quick shower and turned off my phone when mom kept on calling me. I eat and pack a bag, I get in my car and began to drive to where ever my car takes me.

^

SEHMAT

I hug Julie tight when I tell her what happen.

" why didn't you tell him?" she asked

"they were going to kill him, I had to lie. I had to save him but that was what he said to me" I said to her and she hugged me again before wiping my tears

" he would come around, he didn't mean it, he is just mad" she said and gave me a hug.

I walked into the room and take my bath before changing into my plaid pj's and sitting on my bed. Amanda and I talk a lot while we cook, we sat down on my bed and eat. I wash our dishes and they head to the court to play games and work out.

I sit in my bed and think of everything that went down today,  I just can't believe hammad could say all that to me. I will concentrate on my Kids and myself, I know he would come around. I cry while I think of what he said about picking me up from the street and me being ungrateful.

I cry and cry till I couldn't cry anymore. I stood up and told all my problems to my lord in my sallah before sitting down and reciting the Quran. I felt my eyes feeling heavy as I continued to read the Quran I fell asleep.

¿

I am hating hammad right now, are you?

Comment your thoughts
Vote
Share and
Add to your libraries

Nafisah 😻