Chapter 21

Sehmat * past*

I open my eyes immediately I feel a hand on my head. I raise my head up and look at Muhammad who looked very tired.

" I'm sorry did I wake you up?" I said sitting upright anf looking at him.

" I didn't mean to sleep here, I didn't know when I fell asleep" I said when she didn't say anything.

" you didn't wake me up sehmat" he said lazily.

" do you need anything?" I asked him and nodded

" no I don't Im fine" he said and I stood  up to get him water.

" drink this" I said and started helping him sit up. He gulps the water in one sip and hands the cup over to me.

"where is Jace?" he said once I sit

" with dee "  I said not looking at him. He doesn't say anything and the doctor come in for a check up. They check him and say he will be fine.

We will be dishcahrged tomorrow the doctor said and I was glad. Omar, dee and Jace came to see Muhammad. We spoke for hours and played with Jace. He said he wants to resume school soon and I tell him it's fine.

Dee and I head out to the takeout right outside the hospital and get food for everyone. I had to force Muhammad to eat the five spoons he took of the fried rice with chicken. I laugh when he shakes his head like a little baby making his long dirty blond hair slap his face.

Omar and dee leave telling him to be safe. I stay with hammad and we talk till he sleeps. I sit there playing games on my phone, I look at Muhammad every time he groans. He slept like a sweet little child. I began to imagine a blue eyed blonde haired toddler running around, I laugh at my self and get back to my game.

~

We were dishcahrged around 10pm. Muhammad took a quick shower and came down for dinner. We sat there in silence eating. Muhammad and I argued over washing dishes and I won, he stood by the island and watched me wash the used dishes.

" you are making me uncomfortable with your eyes" I said while I wash the sink

" sorry" he said and walked to his room. When I'm done with the kitchen I fix the dinning area and my room since jace wasn't coming back today I decided to head to my room and shower.

I walked out in my shorts and an orange tee and lay on the bed. I toss and turn but couldn't sleep. I played games on my phone but nothing was happening. I hear a knock on the door and get up to open it.

" did I wake you?" Muhammad Said once our eyes made contact

" no, I can't sleep" I said and he smiled.

" me too, may I come in?" he asked and I moved so he can have enough room.

He eyed me from head to toe and I began to regret putting on these shorts. He headed to the bed and layed on one side of it.

" come here" he said to the space beside him.

I move slowly to the bed and sit on it. I don't say anything niether does he, we stay that way for a while before I spoke.

" you didn't have to do what you did." I said but he didn't say anything.

" I know how it feels to lose someone you love" I added quietly.
I turn around and he as already fast asleep, I sigh and lay down beside him leaveing some room between us. I close my eyes and feel a muscular arm wrapped around my waist pulling me closer to him. I don't move I stay there quietly till I fall asleep.

¿

SEHMAT *PRESENT *

I can't remember the last time I saw Jace he is so grown now but he hasn't really changed much, but the new bread was a change.

"how have you been?" I asked him as soon as I broke our hug

" well how do I look?" he said turning around for me to examine him. He is taller and he has a black leather jacket and a black Jean with a white tee on the inside with black boots.

I smile at him and he sits down running his fingers through his long brown hair.

" I missed you" he said and I nodded

" me too. How did you know?" I asked and he looks away.

" I went to see gran and I met the twins." he said and I nodded.

" did dada tell you where he went?" he asked

" no" I said with a small voice

" he was mad at me and he didn't contact anyone, he just went MIA" I said to him and he sighs

" I'm sorry meme but I will find him" he said and  gave me a kiss on the head, like he did when he was a little boy.

" how's the baby?" he asked when I kept shut probably knowing I'm thinking of hammad.

"good" I simply said

" do you know the gender yet?" he asked placing his hand on my little showing bump.

" not yet" I smiled at him and he laughed.

He talks to me about college life and how his lectures are going. I telly him he can do better in some of his courses abs he laughs telling me he is trying his best. I hug him and tell him how much I have missed him. He promised to come see me again and he left kissing my head.

I head back to my room and prup on the bed I stay there for a while. I head out and work out with the rest of the mates. Seju and I work out talking about things. We ended the work out session late. I head to the shower and let the water drown my thoughts about my husband. I stay under the shower for as long as I can remember before heading out.

I sit in the table and eat with everyone before praying. I pray for hammad, the girls and myself. I sit there for a long time before going to my bed. I lay my head on the pillow stroking my stomach I think of how hammad is doing.

~

Short chapters I know and I'm sorry I just don't want to go off track with a long chapter.

The next few chapters might just be the past I'm still contemplating but I think the past has more to it Than the present.

Hope you enjoyed it.

Vote
Comment
Share and
Add to your libraries

Nafisah 😻