Chapter Twenty Six: The Game Of Lovers - Robert

When we returned to the apartment, I insisted that Clarissa rest.
I couldn't believe that she hadn't eaten for a week and a half- she was a vampire, but she wasn't invincible.

I laid her down in the bed, watching as she fell asleep. I wondered if she knew that I gave her the delicate lingerie she now wore. That little boy who once entranced her could n'er give her anything of the sort. He should have known that the petty enchantments he placed upon her would have never lasted. He was so dumb that I convinced him to remove the permanent one himself. I brushed her short hair off her face as lay asleep in the bed. Such a beautiful creature, my Luv. I was glad that she had forgiven me, I had n'er truly shown her the truth, hiding her past- though I suspected she saw into my mind when she turned me,therefore the truth has been told.

Seeing as it was only 6:38, I sat on the living room sofa and watched tv, seeing as there was nothing better to do. However, the only thing that was on was a few sappy romance movies, a 50's horror movie, and the news.
I opted for the horror, though it was more of a comedy with such cheesy acting.
Halfway through the movie, I heard a knock at the door.
I'd bet my accent that it was lover-boy, just dying to rip the clothes off my beloved Clarissa.

I got up and answered the door, face to face with lover-boy himself. I did look down on him a bit, seeing as I'm about four inches taller than him, with him being a measly six-feet. I let out a long, intentional sigh.

"What is it that you want?"

"This is sort of my apartment, but don't worry, I've found one three doors down. But I do want to see Clarissa." Malevris stood with a grim look on his face.

"Well, lover-boy. I do regret to inform you that she is resting and I will soon join her"
I dangled the information before him like mouse in front of a cat, taunting him that she was mine to love, infuriating him.

"Well then, if you just so happen to need anything from me, I will be on the dance floor, hopefully finding a pretty little blonde to join."

"I will not question your choices, for they are your own"
Sometimes I really loved being British, watching people's expressions as poetry flows from my tongue.

"So be it"

Before he could turn away, I slammed the door in his face, a satisfied smile creeping across my face. I sauntered back to the couch, where I finished the rest of the movie.
Tomorrow, we could leave this place and continue on towards Colorado, where Clarissa can be my queen, as she deserves to be.

••••••

The movie finished around nine, early for anyone. However, I longed to join Clarissa in her bed.
I silently made my way into the bedroom, slipping out of my black t-shirt and red jeans, and into a pair of sweats.
Clarissa was sound asleep, and I doubted that much could wake her.
I settled into bed next to her. I craved her warm body against mine, I wanted to feel her heartbeat, wanted to watch her gorgeous face as she slept.

Apparently, earlier in the day, I was dead for a while, with an un-beating heart. Clarissa's had restarted, and so did mine eventually.

I pulled her in toward me, wrapping her in my embrace. She was so irresistible, I just wanted to kiss her till the end of time itself.
Right now however, we both had to sleep.

•••••••

I awoke to rays of sun peeking through the curtains, and strong arms wrapped around my waist.
The last thing I remembered was walking back to the apartment with Robert, after he had taken me out to eat.
Today seemed like it would be a good day.
I looped one of my legs over Robert's hip and placed a hand on his neck, hoping to wake him.
He stirred, opening his gorgeous eyes, now glazed black and purple-blue from the shadow powers.
"Good morning darling, you're up early"
"Good morning." I told him with a scratchy voice. "I wouldn't call this early, exactly. It's more of a normal time."
For a long while, we just laid there, appreciating each other.

"So do you have anything planned for today?" I asked him.

"Quite possibly, yes"

"And what is it that you have planned?"

"I was hoping we could get back on the course of us getting to Colorado."

"I guess that sounds good"

"I'm glad you agree with the idea Luv"

" What do you mean?" I asked him through a yawn.

"Darling. I do believe that you're still asleep."

"Mmhhhmmm" I stretched out on the bed, twisting over and ending up right in Robert's arms.
"Oooft" He let out a low little murmur as my hip ran into his stomach
"Sorry" I whispered, but not without a little giggle. I loved catching him off guard.....
But apparently he liked catching me off-guard too.
In less than two seconds flat, he was on top of me, tickling me.
"AAAAHahahah!!!" My stomach began to throb from bouts of laughter, but it felt good at the same time. I wrapped a leg around his waist, and pulled him down towards me.
He landed halfway on top of me with thud.
"Well I think it's safe to say you're the only person who can catch me off-guard like that"  He laughed and sat up.
"Well, I won't argue" I smiled up at him as I shifted up onto the pillow, yawning.
"Are you ready to start the day? We can try and act like 'normal' people if you want"
"Normal you say? I'll give it a try- today"
"Perfect, Luv. We should get dressed of course. I don't think either of us are going anywhere like this"
He gestured to his sweats and my lingerie and laughed.
"Sure. I'll go right now" I smiled, and got off the bed, making my way into the bathroom, where I snagged a blood-red bathrobe off the shower hook and wrapped it around myself for modesty as I snuck out of the bathroom and headed out the door.

••••••

I ran straight down the hall to the room of clothes that Malevris had once showed me.
Once inside, I picked out several things to wear.
A corseted bodysuit with a black bubble skirt, a white and red knee-length lace dress with a corseted bodice and a pair of ankle boots, a pair of purple skinny jeans with pre-made rips in the thighs with lace over the holes, and lace-up ankles, with a black lacy long-sleeve blouse to match.
But what to wear right now?
I folded up the clothes and pair of shoes and placed them down by the little dressing stall at the back of the room.
After scouring through the racks of clothes,- which all still had the tags on by the way - I found the perfect thing: a black and purple dress with lacy cap-sleeves. The body of the dress was made of a satiny material and there was a sash placed right under the ribs, making a big bow in the back. Below the sash, the dress poofed out with netting and layers of fluffy, tutu-like material underneath fluffing it up. It was perfect. I tugged on the dress over my under garments, which were beautiful by the way, and most likely from Robert. The bra matched the underwear of course, and it was black and purple lace and satin, which happened to be my favorite colors.  I looked at the dress on me in the mirror. It was painful to do, but before I had put it on, I cut slits in the back for my wings. I did the same for the rest of the clothes, except the corseted bodysuit, the back dipped low, so there wasn't any need to cut it. Clothes in hand, I walked back to the apartment, ready to catch Robert off guard again, this time with my looks.