Chapter Five: Robert

Down the block, Death&Decay wasn't too far, which was good since my shoes were killing me. I hoped that I looked like I belonged at The gothic store. A boy with shaggy, black hair and snake bites greeted me.

"Hello and welcome to Death&Decay. Everything in the store is buy one get one half-off. Is there anything in particular that I can help you find?"

I stood up straighter to give myself more confidence. Slouching wouldn't help at all, considering the fact that I was only about 5'3, judging by my bathroom reflection.

"Yes, actually. I'd like to apply for a job."

"A job? Okay then, follow me right this way"

The boy led me to the back of the store and into the stockroom. Inside the stockroom was an office, which is where we were headed. The guy opened the door for me and I walked in. Inside was another boy-the manager I'm guessing- and he was cute. He had black/brown flippy hair, spider bite piercings, and he was wearing black jeans and a Metallica shirt. He stood up and smiled at me. He was tall.

"Hi I'm Robert. You're here to apply for a job?"

"Yeah"

"Okay, what's your name?"

"Clarissa"

"Okay...and your age?"

"Sixteen"

"Really? Me too"

Robert started sifting through a stack of papers on his desk.

"I'm...uh..gonna go get you a um... a lanyard and you can fill out these papers here....uh, yeah, yeah..."

He blushed.

"Umm ok!"

I smiled as my cheeks flushed red.

He left the office and I began filling out the standard paper work. I wonder what working here will be like.....being on the inside instead of looking to please the famed employees...i couldn't wait to start, especially with this Boy here....