Chapter Twelve: Sleep

After I put on the comfy pajamas, I climbed under the thick comforter with Robert, and he shut off the lamp.
I turned over and he began to lovingly cuddle me.
"Mmm...hey...can I ask you a question?" I whispered.
"Of course babe" He answered softly
"Ok...what happened when you became a harpie? like, how come you weren't buried and stuff?" I waited for him to brush away the topic, but he didn't.
"Well...I'll start here...I used to visit my grandparents in Montana about every month, and they had about four acres of land in their back yard, and this mini forest place, which I explored more and more every time I went there. So when I was seven, I went to Montana in October, in fact, it's getting close to my anniversary of becoming a harpie...anyways...I was exploring the woods further than I'd ever gone before. It had been starting to get dark out, and I kept hearing noises...like...a really fast river. I wanted to find it badly because I had never known that there even was a river at their house...so I was out about an hour past dark when I finally got to the river...but the river bank was drenched with blood...I turned to run but right behind me was this huge dark figure... Actually... it's getting a bit too late for this, Luv. You should get some rest". He abruptly cut off his story, leaving many questions unanswered.
"Oh...alright then." I said quietly.
"Goodnight Luv" He whispered.
"Goodnight" I answered him.
I stayed awake till about 2 AM, according to Robert's bedside clock.
He snored peacefully, but I was restless.
As well as my uneasiness, thunder and lighting kept me awake even longer.
I finally took the time to relax when Robert subconsciously refused to let me move.
I fell asleep uncomfortable and troubled.