Terrific and Terrifying Truths

Walking into my house with my family behind me was the best feeling in the world. I was home. The Christmas boxes were stacked up everywhere and I remembered we needed to put everything up again. I was actually looking forward to it. Ted ushered me into the kitchen where we ate some casserole. I told them all about my year so far. I praised Professor Lupin's teaching methods, even if our first lesson didn't go so well.

Andy was happy that I wasn't skipping that class anymore. They told me about their year. Andy was doing brilliantly as the Head to the Janus Thickery Ward. Ted had gotten a few articles in the Daily Prophet and was in the talks to become a regular writer.

Nymphie was loving her job, although they did have some setbacks in the search for Sirius Black. He had snuck onto Hogwarts grounds on Halloween, but had disappeared afterwards. They hadn't been able to find a clue about him.

After dinner we played some Christmas music and started with the decorations. We had managed to decorate the Christmas tree and the Livingroom. We just had to do the rest of the house. I wished them all goodnight and crawled into my bed. It was great to be home again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Waking up Nymphie was gone, as was Andy. I ate some oatmeal and then packaged up the presents I had already purchased. I gathered up the presents for my friends and brought them down stairs. I would need to send them out, perhaps when we went to Diagon Alley.

Ted and Andy had given me a bit more spending money, but warned me to watch how much I was spending. I promised them I would and Ted agreed to take to Diagon Alley.

Arriving in Diagon Alley, the place was packed. Families had come to get their Christmas Supplies. Ted headed to Gringotts to pull out money and I headed to a shop at the very end of the Alley. It was lit up with Christmas lights, but had no people in it. I entered with a ding from the bell on the door.

The cashier looked up and smiled at me, he asked if I needed help and I said no. I knew what I wanted to get Neville. I found it and grabbed some supplies to go with it. Bringing it up to cashier he looked skeptical as he ran up everything. He never said anything though, I paid him and asked him if he could wrap it all up for me.

I took my newly wrapped gifts and went to the Owl Center. Luckily Owls were able to carry up to three gifts at a time. I only had rent two owls; one for Ginny, Neville and Cedric; and the second for Colin and Anya. They had special Owls that would deliver mail to muggle communities.

I met Ted at his bookshop and we looked around a bit before heading home. I took a quick nap and then Andy had gotten home by then. We decorated the house more. I knew it would take us longer, Ginny and Nymphie were not here like last year to help.

The first week of the Holidays passed by fast. There was lots of decorating and lounging around. I was already way ahead and told myself that I would not do any studying for two weeks. I was already bored.

When Christmas Day arrived, the whole house was decorated from the floor to the ceiling. Anya and her dad would be coming over for dinner. I made my way to the living room in my pajamas. Nymphie was there chatting with Andy. They both had jammies, hot cocoa and biscuits. I joined them and we waited for Ted to join us. Andy had to go wake him up, but he finally came down and we started opening presents.

We did our tradition of picking a random present and handing it to that person. I got quite a few books and sweets. At the end of the present giving, I was given a medium sized red box. I glanced at it, there was no name on it. No note, nothing.

I looked at Ted and Andy who shrugged their shoulders. They didn't get this for me. I opened the box and my breath was taken away. Inside was a glittery red heart- shaped locket on a gold chain. The necklace that I was admiring months ago. Underneath it was my leather jacket. I had lost it months ago and couldn't find it anywhere.