Prelude 3: False starts

So it's been 3 years since I made the singlehood declaration and I thought it was time to begin again. Right out the gate, I ended up meeting the Residential Advisor guy (RA) when I moved into the Student Uni lodge and the church mentor of my Life Group. Yet again, Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong". Yet it can't all be bad right? It's probably just bad luck after coming out of being solo for so long.  

Then again, why were things so easy with my apartment neighbours Ed and Todd? At least this time I had the voice of reason/perspectives from the opposite side. It's so easy with them, no mixed messages at all. It took sometime but I've come to realise their advice in modern dating times is so unapologetically point blank and realistic. It actually is simple with the universal truth that someone who is really into you will make time for you (no excuses). As much I want to be the person to give them the benefit of the doubt, they have always strongly advised against it (I know it's really hard, given it's not a hopeless romantic's second nature).

Especially when I feel inclined to fix it in one way or another... they literally have no qualms in telling me that it's not going anywhere. And to break all ties (delete/block/mute) and it's not worth my time (and would pry the phone from my hands if they had to). Honestly if I listened to them way sooner, it would have saved me so much wasted time in my early 20's. Because every single time they were right on the money.

I must say I'm kinda mad at Disney...