Chapter 7 Lovers in the Apocalypse

I reacted badly to how Mike fought with that pharmacist, so I haven't said a word to him ever since.

"You have a handsome child, Michonne. I always wanted a child like André." said Aysa in a sincere voice.

I thanked her for saying such a thing about my son.

"MICHONNE! STOP THE TRUCK!!!" yelled Harley who was in the pick-up with Greyson. Aysa took Greyson's place in the back.

I pull over to see what it looks to be a bride and a groom.

Seriously! They were just there, the bride wearing a white gown covered with blood. The groom was wearing a black tuxedo with blood splattered on it.

I exit the vehicle with my katana and approach the couple. They were both smiling as if the whole damn apocalypse didn't happen.

"Um, excuse me. I'm Michonne. You might want to join us to get to a refugee center where you and your husband could be safe." I tell the bride.

It took a while till they replied.

"We're already happy because we are newly-weds in the past 2 days! It's beautiful!" said the bride.

I insisted them to come with us but they keep pushing me away and saying they are going back to Atlanta.

"That's not really a great idea..." I tell them.

The groom looked at me with a very angry, yet puzzled at the same time.

"Why?! My family is in there!" said the groom who was trying to kill me.

I didn't want to step in to their way so I let them pass by.

"Well...if that is what yo want, alright. If that makes you happy, go." I tell them.

The bride seems pissed off of me because I delayed them.

"Pfft. You're not my mother, bitch!" the bride told me.

The couple walked away in to Atlanta to meet their parents and relatves.

They ran in to Atlanta and their screams could be heard as they were torn apart.

I enter back the vehicle and start it up.

"What'd they want, Michonne?" Aysa asked me.

I let out an ashamed sigh, knowing that it was because of me that they died. If I just told them that Atlanta has been overrun by the dead, the wouldn't have come there.

"They were going to Atlanta to visit their family. That's all I want to say about it."

We drive away and we're not looking back anymore.