Chapter 23 Just a Stroll Around the Park

I never spoke to anyone about the dream I had last night, except for my Mother.

"Michonne, dreams are just things that are being made up in your head while you sleep. It may be a combination of what you dealt with, talked about or saw before you slept."

"So, André wouldn't really turn?" I ask curiously.

"Dreams are like visions, but they don't really come true. So, I would say no." she replies.

It was 3PM and then I remembered today is the first run of the month.

"Mom, I'd better prepare for the run." I tell her.

"Go. I'll be OK in Golden Oaks." she tells me with a smile.

So, I walk to my hotel and ride up the elevator to my room.

I open my closet and take out the first clothes I wore when I arrived here - my original clothes (pink top, brown leather vest, black skin-tight jeans, black studded leather fold-over boots)

I took a cold shower for about 10 minutes then I changed. Almost

After changing, I went to Mike and Terry's hotel where André is settled. I had to see them before leaving.

"Mike. It's Michonne."

He opens and I see André running towards me, not a roamer.

"Mommy, where you going?" he asks me.

"I'm going on a run with the Runners. Hoped I see you before I go."

"Good luck and return safe." Mike told me as he closed the door and I walk out of the building.

I see that all runners are already in the front gate, waiting for me and I see Stacy with her katanas.

I smile at her and she smiles back at me as President Ina opens the gates and we leave.

While we were walking to Piggly Wiggly, Stacy and I start a convo.

"I love your sword...where'd you get it?" she asks me.

"My Father had it forged in Kyoto, Japan. What about yours?" I ask back.

"My friend gave it to me as a gift. Best gift I ever received." she replies.

President Ina orders us to stop as she sees 8 roamers ahead.

"Michonne and Stacy. You two could handle them?" she asks us.

"Of course."

Stacy draws both swords from her back and cuts off 2 heads.

Me, drawing my sword and sliced 2.

The remaining 4, we decided to take out 2 each.

Stacy stabs one if front of her in the forehead and stabs the one behind her with the other sword.

I swing my sword and cut off the head of the first and then cleanly slice off the forehead, with the brain bouncing off of the last roamer.

Stacy and I appeared and the others clapped their hands.

>>>
15 Minutes
8 Roamers

We finally arrived at the Piggly Wiggly store and it was opened.

"Grab a partner and stay with him or her as we go in." President Ina instructed.

Obviously, Stacy and I were partners and we went in.

It was fully-stocked so Stacy and I grabbed whatever we could carry in our bags.

"You have a son, right?" Stacy asks me.

"I have a son, a boyfriend, a sword. What else would you ask?" I reply.

Both of us laughed.

"We're leaving. Rotters are approaching the store." President Ina tells us.

Everyone went out and we all walked back to the Refugee Center together.

"Your Mother still here?" I ask Stacy.

Stacy kept quiet, which implies that her Mother is dead.

"I'm so sorry." I tell the sobbing Stacy.

"It's okay...I heard your Mother is in Golden Oaks?" she tells me.

"Yeah. At first I thought she didn't make it until that moment when I saw her." I replied.

"I didn't know I could be this strong, you know?" Stacy explains.

"Hell, I didn't know I was capable of this! I didn't know I'd be a survivor" I tell her.

President Ina signals us that we're almost there.

>>>
3 Minutes
0 Roamers

We arrived at the Refugee Center and I grew excited just like before because I brought something for André.

"Go. Go find your family, Michonne." Stacy tells me as I run to the center.

The moment I arrived, the fences were down, buildings were burning, roamers were entering the place.

I openedmy mouth, standing frozen at the scene, tears falling from my eyes, running down my face.

'ANDRÉ' was the only thing I could say as I ran to the center.