Chapter 19 First

Well, the spa had a very nice service!

I exit the spa and walked around for awhile and saw Mike and Terry with André walking.

"Did you get a room?" I ask Mike.

"Southeast building. You?" he replied.

"Southwest..." I reply.

He pat me on my shoulder and walked away.

After about 2 minutes, President Jemma stood in a stage in the middle building.

"Welcome, welcome. Good morning, my dear citizens. We brought in new people so I guess we should tell them something they don't know, and I'll also be introducing the schedule for the week. First of all, new citizens, every Wednesday we have a free buffet every 7:40PM. Your rooms have clocks so please be aware of the time. Every Friday, we have Fish Friday which implies that every Friday, at 8:30PM, a buffet of fresh fish is served. During these events, please wear your best clothing. Now, for the schedule of the week, today is Sunday so the Church will be opened. Monday, there will be no classes for students because the teachers will be meeting with the Academic Council. Tuesday is a regular class and labor day. Wednesday is buffet day, but at 9PM, everyone should gather in front of the middle building for the 'Light-A-Candle' Activity. Thursday and Friday are both regular schedules. Thank you." President Jemma announced then went back inside.

I still roamed around the center knowin that I will be safe here and no one will hurt me anymore.

After a few minutes of walking, the PA System came on with the voice of a man.

"All runners, including new ones, please meet at 2PM in the Middle Building, 6th Floor, Conference Room for our first run this month."

Oh. My. God.

I was so excited because it'll be my first run ever since we got here!!! I walked to my hotel and bump in to Mike and Terry, holding bottles of beer.

"Is that for tonight?" I ask them.

"Tomorrow afternoon, actually. We found some new friends so we're having a bonding time tomorrow afternoon." replied Terry.

Well, what could I do? We just got here and I figured I shouldn't let my nervous side out.

"Okay. Where's André?!" I asked nervously.

"André's with Aysa." Mike said.

I was so relieved.

"You guys may drink, but just don't do anything stupid, okay?" I tell them.

They both nodded at me and walked over to their hotel.

Me, having a conference to attend to, I walked to my hotel so I could get ready. While I was walking, I saw a girl, to me twas a teenager with brown hair which was tied into a ponytail and she was carrying two katanas. Difference was, her katanas were shorter than mine, allowing her to carry 2.

I didn't go to her anymore and ask her name because she was a bit far from me. So, I kept walking to my hotel and I finally arrived. I walked in the building and I rode the elevator up to where my room was.

I stepped out of the elevator and walked to my room.

As I enter, I put the key card on the slot by the door and the lights and electricity come on.

I put my bag on the bed and I opened my closet and took out the following clothes for the conference:

• Black Collared Shirt
• Black Skinnies
• Black Stilleto Heels

I set the clothes on the bed and I took my towel.

I entered the bathroom and set my towel on the hanger.

I enter the shower room and and turn on the heater to number '2'.

Ah. It's been a while since I took a hot bath.

It's also been a while since my hair got wet.

After about 15 minutes, I was finished and I exit the bathroom and put on my clothes.

I finished changing at 1:30PM, just 30 minutes before the meeting, which means I still had some time to watch television.

I took the remote and turned on the flat screen TV.

I watched news and it seemed like the apocalypse never happened, then I realized it was old news which was being shown.

After 30 minutes, I was finished.

I stood up and went for the middle building. I rode the elevator up to the 6th floor and I saw a room signed 'Conference'.

I enter the room and I find a long table which had a very large chair at the end. The left and right side also consisted with chairs with the names of the runners.

I find my chair in the middle and so I sat there. I was the only one inside the room, but at 2:15, everyone started arriving.

In the very large chair sat a redhead girl wherein her hair was tied to a Ladder style and wore black eye shadows.

"Welcome and good afternoon. I am Miss Luxianne Czarina Katarina de Nira. I am the president of the runners. The agenda of the meeting today is for the first run of the month which is tomorrow." said the redhead.

Seeing her makes me remember Jem.

Whoa. She had a very long name that I decide to call her President Lux. I think I should ask her what we should call her.

"Miss President, may I ask? Since you have a very long name, what should we call you?" I say while raising my hand.

"Thank you for bringing that up. Please just call me President Ina." she tells us.

"Alright, before I start the conference, I want everyone to get to know each other." Ina continues.

It could take me forever to tell you everyone but I'll just state their names. The Runners team consisted of 10. 11 if you count President Ina.

Well, our was group contained of the following people:
MEN
• Brody Davids
• Ed Neill
• Constantine Samson
• Luis Herald
• Andrew McCullen
WOMEN
•Michonne (me)
• Elisa Jack
• Jill Diamond
• Marian Lavis
• Stacy

Stacy was the girl I met with the katanas. I never knew her and I would be on the same team.

"Alright, now tomorrow is our first run to the Piggly Wiggly Grocery Store which is just a 15-minute walk from here. We leave at 3:30PM on foot. For your info, I'm not the one deciding where to go because it's the Runners Head Comittee which is headed by President Jemma Masson." President Ina continues.

Well, for today, that was the meeting.

I rode the elevator down and I walked to my hotel.

When I arrived, I took a nap.