Yummiest Banana Pancakes Ever

INGREDIENTS:

MILK - whole milk, 2% or any of the nut milk varieties work well in this!

BUTTER - I use salted butter, that I melt and let cool a little right before mixing

EGG - large eggs

VANILLA EXTRACT - almond extract is also yummy in this!

FLOUR - regular all-purpose flour

BROWN SUGAR - you can sub white sugar if that's what you have. The brown sugar pairs well with the bananas, though - so use it if you have it!

BAKING POWDER

SALT - kosher salt

BANANAS - I use 2 small

bananas - about 1 cup mashed.

OPTIONAL - 1/2 tsp cinnamon

added with the dry ingredients, extra sliced bananas and 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips for sprinkling.

MAKE THE PANCAKE BATTER

Mix the wet ingredients (egg, milk, melted butter, vanilla) in a small bowl.
Mix the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt) in another bowl.
Mash the bananas until broken up (but still chunky ish - we're not looking for pureed bananas).
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
Add the mashed banana mixture to the other ingredients.
Fold together until just combined.
how to make banana pancakes - step by step
COOK THE PANCAKES

Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt a little butter (you don't have to, but I like the crispy edges).
Add the batter in 1/2 cup portions to the skillet.
Cook until bubbles appear on the pancakes and pop (the surface will look less "wet").
Flip and cook on the other for a minute or two longer until golden brown.
how to cook pancakes