Zipline

Travis: This is Curtis,
he said pointing at a tall, blond guy with a few tattoos on his right arm. 
"Leo,"
Travis said looking at the little shorter guy with long light brown hair.
"Liam,"
Liam was tall with dark skin. His hair was extremely short and dark. 
"Bella,"
She had long, blond hair with blue-colored tips of it. Her neck was inked with a few tattoos. 
Travis: And Kylie.
He was looking at a short girl with short, red hair. She was the only one who had a piercing above her eyebrow. 

Travis: This is Abigail. 
Bella: How so she's here?
Kylie: You're the one who didn't want to zipline with us yesterday.
Travis: Let's say we're in a run and she didn't have any choice. 
Liam: Wish more people don't have a choice. 

Kylie punched Liam in the ribs with her elbow. 

Liam: I'm kidding. 
Curtis: Where do we go?
Leo: We could show her the zipline she missed. 

They were all looking at me and I knew I don't have a choice. 

Travis: No. She would never go. 
Abigail: Like you know me. Let's go. 

Everyone started laughing and screaming. Curtis punched Travis and laughed at him. He whispered something and Travis pushed him away while we were running. The night was warm and there was no one around us. Running with a bunch of teenagers was the last thing I thought I would do on my vacation. How bad can it be?

I found out when we climbed on the hill near the city. Stars and moon were shining and giving us the light we needed to get there. The view was beautiful, but the dark, metal line that went lower and lower was not. It led to the darkness of the night and I didn't know what was in front of me. Before I even realized, I was the last one who stayed on the hill. 

Travis: Your turn, fearless

I grabbed the metal stick that should lead me in the emptiness in front of me. 

Travis: We can disappear if you want. 

I was looking at him in confusion. He would probably make fun of me if I back off now. At that moment, I saw he has an earring on his right ear. It was a little dark cross, shining on the moonlight. I turned and looked down. Just jump. You'll be fine. -I thought

At that moment I felt Travis coming closer. He placed his hands on my hips and whispered. He was so close I could feel his breath while he was talking, 

Travis: You don't have to do this. 

As I was looking at him, I jumped. The feeling of his hands left and he was now a dark dot in the distance. I was screaming while flying through the air. I felt my hair in the air behind me.

As I was getting closer to the ground, I saw others waiting. They were laughing and screaming my name. When the zipline slowed down, I jumped on the ground. 

Leo: Great job Aby. 
Curtis: Yeah, I didn't believe you would do it. 
Liam: Yeah, me too. 
Kylie: Congrats. 
Abigail: Thanks. 

At the next moment, we turned and saw another dark dot coming toward us. It was Travis, sliding down the zipline. When he came, we started walking somewhere. I had no idea where are they taking me. The next thing I know is Leo entering the shop and buying alcohol.

After that, we were sitting on the beach. Kylie had her head on Liam's lap while Bella was between Curtis and Leo. I was sitting with my hands in the sand away from them. I could hear them, but I was too far away if they ask me something. It was the way I thought I would escape from drinking, but Travis took care of that. He sat down next to me and gave me a can of beer.  

Travis: Try it. 
Abigail: No thanks. 
Travis: Common. I'm sure you drank beer before. 

I took the can just because I wanted him to shut up. I haven't drunk the beer, I haven't been on the zipline, I haven't done anything like this- ever. That's probably what he wanted to hear. 

Abigail: I did. 

We were looking at the waves coming to our legs and then disappearing. It looked incredible. 

Abigail: Do you know what time is it?
Travis: Don't you have your phone?
Abigail: Forgot it on the table. 

He took his phone from his back pocket and said, 

Travis: Almost 4 a.m. 

4 a.m. My mom would be proud, but she's probably worried af. While he was looking at his phone, I saw he had some missed calls. I assumed it was his dad and my mom getting worried, but he seemed not to care. 

Abigail: Not answering your dad?
Travis: Looking at something you should not?

I just started in the ocean. In other circumstances, this would be a pretty good spot for taking pictures and hanging with friends. My mom would say it's romantic.

Maybe kinda is. I took a sip of my beer. It was disgusting. But I took another sip. If I don't drink this, they will think I have never drink before. After half of the can, I couldn't drink anymore. 

Travis: Want me to finish?
Abigail: Yes, please. 
Travis: It's not the best you can drink, but it works. 
Abigail: Works for what?
Travis: Not looking so dark at everything. And people are honest when they're drunk. 

I looked toward the rest of them. They were just like a few moments ago, only they were laughing now. Laughing loudly- as always. They seemed so happy. 

Travis: If you think they're happy, they're not. 
Abigail: How do you know?

It was the stupidest thing I could say.

Travis: Know them for a while now. 

He was so weird. When we were at the zipline, he seemed to care, like I'm his friend, while we were jumping over the fence, like he's not, like I'm nobody. His mood swings are special, I guess. 

Abigail: Isn't it the time to go back? 
Travis: I'm not going yet. 
Abigail: What will you do?
Travis: First, drink if anything left, then go back. 
Abigail: Common. I don't even know where we are. 
Travis: Aren't you coming here every year?
Abigail: Yes but not here. Just that beach in front of my house.  
Travis: You never moved from that beach?
Abigail: No. 
Travis: Then I have so much to show you...
Abigail: I don't think so.
Travis: Start thinking otherwise. 

He stood up and said, 
"Let's go."

We went toward everyone else.

Travis: Going back.
Curtis: Okay, okay. Just don't let him do anything stupid. Talking to you Aby. 
Travis: Watch for the police Curtis. 
Leo: He's good. We didn't drink too much.
Travis: The same goes for you. I'm not getting you out of jail again

We started walking away when we heard Kylie who sounded drunk as hell, 
"Don't forget! He's more afraid of you than you are him!"

I didn't even want to ask. She probably didn't know what she was saying.