Little wine

While we were sitting on the balcony I was thinking about something I never thought I would think about. From the moment we came back to the mol, I wanted to kiss him again. When we were a few drinks in, I asked the first thing that came to my mind,

"What did bring you to escape from the school, to drink, to have tattoos?
He smiled. 

Travis: I started hanging with the wrong people I guess. 
Abigail: If you think about Curtis and the rest of them, they aren't so bad. 
Travis: I don't talk about them. When I was 15 I started with "bad behavior" with someone else. With time, we stopped hanging, but I continued to drink. 

Abigail: Don't you want to stop?
Travis: Honestly, I can't imagine another life. It's not like I have a drinking problem and I still don't smoke or do drugs, so I'm good. And how so you never did anything you did last few days?
Abigail: Because I'm a nerd. I never do "cool stuff"
Travis: How so?
Abigail: Wrong friends? I'm kidding. Well, I guess I like to read and study more than drinking and not being at home the whole night. 

Travis: I wouldn't describe you that way. 
Abigail: After these two days, I wouldn't either. 
Travis: You surprised yourself. 
Abigail: Yeah. I kinda did. Sometimes I wish I'm like every other teenager. 
Travis: What does that mean?
Abigail: Like you and Bella and Curtis and Leo...
Travis: You don't wanna be like us. 
Abigail: Why not?
Travis: Why would you? 
Abigail: I have a glass of wine at 5 a.m. I think I'm slowly starting to be like you. 
Travis: You have a good opinion about us.
Abigail: Let's keep it that way.

The Sun started rising. It was so bright I couldn't look straight at it. So I was looking at Travis who was sitting next to me with a glass of wine. 

Abigail: What's your plan for today?
Travis: I mostly sleep at day. 
Abigail: Sounds boring. Why aren't you at the beach?
Travis: I'm at the beach at night. 
Abigail: True. 
Travis: You're staring again. 

He was now looking at me too. I couldn't stop myself and I kissed him. My glass shattered and I heard steps coming from the hallway. 

Abigail: It's my mom. 

I heard the panic in my own voice. In a second, Travis was gone. Before my mom got into the room, I pushed shattered glass off the balcony and entered the room. 

Molly: Are you okay? I heard something breaking.
Abigail: I just dropped my phone. Nothing to worry about. 
Molly: Oh. I'm going back to sleep then. 
Abigail: Night. 

I went on the balcony and looked down. 

Abigail: Are you alright?
Travis: Me? You're the one with your hand bleeding. 
Abigail: Shit. 

Oh my God, I just cursed. I went into the bathroom and put my hand above the sink. Stupid glass. It was a small cut on the thumb, but the blood was everywhere. I put a tissue on it and it stopped bleeding. When I turned I saw Travis leaned on the doorway. I almost screamed. 

Abigail: You scared me!
Travis: I can see that. Are you okay?
Abigail: Yeah. It's just a small cut. 
Travis: Okay then. See you today again?
Abigail: You can count on that. 

He smiled and went toward the balcony. The next thing I know, he jumped. This day was amazing. Quickly, I put the wine on its place- my mom probably won't see the difference. The remaining glass was also in its place. And I went to read a book. My thoughts were everywhere, except in the book. 

I slept over that whole day. My mom thought I'm sick because I was just lying in my bed. After lunch, I went back to bed and she wanted to go to the beach.

Molly: Are you sure you don't wanna go?
Abigail: Yeah. I'm just tired. We'll go tomorrow. I promise. 

Then she sat down on the bed next to me. 

Molly: Are you sure you're okay honey? I can stay here if you want...
Abigail: No. I'm fine, mom. Tuners are probably waiting for you. 
Molly: They aren't important. I can stay here and we can watch a movie or something. 
Abigail: I will probably sleep, just go. 
Molly: Okay. But I'm back for two hours. 
Abigail: Take your time. This is a vacation. 

She smiled and exited the room. The next thing I remember is waking up at 9 p.m. Outside was dark already. What will I say to my mom today? I'm sorry, I was out the whole night. I ignore her and her vacation. For what? For a night out. Perfect night out. 

I was wrong. Travis didn't come that night and I spent it with my mom, watching movies. Nothing happened, but I was kinda happy because I could sleep at night as normal people do. The next day I didn't see Travis or his friends at the beach.

My mom and I were swimming and eating in a restaurant that day. It was about 10 p.m. when I went to my room. I heard my phone ringing- Kelsey and Joy.

Kelsey: Hi.
Abigail: Hi girls. How are you?
Joy: Not as good as you. Talk, what's happening in Florida?
Abigail: What do you mean?
Joy: We didn't hear a word from you from Monday. 
Kelsey: Yeah. 4 days!
Abigail: I'm sorry. It's just, a lot of things happened since Monday. 
Kelsey: I knew it! Start talking.
Abigail: Well, I met someone. 
Joy: I knew it! Yes! We're so happy for you! Is he hot?
Abigail: No. He's really hot. 

The two of them were laughing like little kids. 

Joy: How did you meet?
Abigail: His dad and my mom are friends since high school. We were at dinner with some neighbors and he came and then we ran away from everyone and went to zipline.
Joy: Oh my God! That's so cool! 
Kelsey: You're living in a dream!
Abigail: I guess...

Kelsey: How is he?
Joy: Yeah, is he like guys in those movies you hate?
Abigail: Even better. We went swimming at night.
Joy: What about your mom? She's okay with it?
Abigail: The best part is- she doesn't even know!

Kelsey: You're turning in those popular kids in school. I'm just waiting to see you drinking. 
Abigail: About that...
Kelsey: Oh my God. You didn't!
Abigail: No. Just half of a beer. And some wine. 
Joy: I'm so jealous! Next year, I'm coming too. 

Abigail: And he has friends here. 
Kelsey: Hope they're single. 
Abigail: I don't know...
Joy: You look sad. What's with you? You're living like you're in a movie Aby!

Abigail: That is the problem. What when I go back? What when we stop seeing each other? And he's so handsome- tall, and has tattoos... he can have whoever he wants.  
Kelsey: That's a problem for tomorrow. You two have three weeks Aby. Have a great time and then we'll see what will happen.
Joy: She's right. You'll worry about that for three weeks. 
Abigail: I assume you're right. 
Joy: We are. Now, tell us about that night's swimming.

At that moment I heard someone on my balcony- Travis.