The best

My mom tried to talk with me, but I didn't say anything. What should I tell her- You see, I kinda love Travis, so if you don't have anything against it, can you stop seeing Paul? It sounded ridiculously stupid. 

Molly: Abigail! I have something that could bring you in a good mood!
Abigail: What's that?
Molly: Aunt Kelly invited us to the wedding!
Abigail: Aunt Kelly is getting married!?
Molly: Yes! 
Abigail: With who?
Molly: With Peter. 
Abigail: I never met him. 

Molly: She said it was all of a sudden. But you know what that means...
Abigail: What?
Molly: Shopping! You need a new dress. 
Abigail: Can I go with Joy and Kelsey?
Molly: I knew you're gonna say that. 
Abigail: We can go together to buy you a dress. 
Molly: Sure. 

Abigail: When is the wedding?
Molly: On Sunday. 
Abigail: Sunday!? It's Friday!
Molly: She sent it a little too late, I know. 
Abigail: And where is the wedding?
Molly: In Miami.
Abigail: Miami?

Molly: Yeah, isn't that great!? And since your entries for college starts for two weeks, I thought we could stay in Miami for a few days. 
Abigail: I would like that. 
Molly: Now go to buy a dress before the mall closes. 
Abigail: Bye. 

While I was running to catch a cab, I called Kelsey and Joy. I was waiting for them in front of the mall. 

Joy: Hi!
Kelsey: Hi!
Abigail: Hi. We have a big task today. My aunt Kelly is getting married and I need a dress. 
Joy: Aunt Kelly? Didn't you say she's single?
Abigail: She's single since I know for myself. I don't know what happened. 
Kelsey. Lucky her.
Abigail: Yeah. Lucky her. 

After a whole day spent in the mall, I bought a long, blue dress with a black belt with a print of rose around its waist. Joy picked black heels with black straps around ankles. And Kelsey picked a black purse with a white rose in the middle. 

Kelsey: You will look amazing. 
Abigail: Thanks. You helped me a lot. 
Joy: I know I shouldn't ask, but does Travis go too?
Abigail: I don't know, but I suppose so. 
Kelsey: Don't do anything stupid, Aby. 
Abigail: I won't. Don't worry. 

I haven't told them about me and Travis yelling at each other or burning our house. So the two of them think we didn't talk since the beginning of the year. 

Sunday. The dress looked great, just like the heels. My hair was loosened- falling wherever it wanted. I stopped trying to do anything with my hair, it was impossible. 
Paul, Travis, and I were waiting for my mom. 

Paul: You look great Abigail. 
Abigail: Thanks. 

But I don't think I was the star. Travis had black pants and a white shirt. Along with a black jacket. And his hair wasn't a mess- for the first time ever. Both of the tattoos were barely visible because he had a black bow around his neck. A little black cross on his ear was shining on the Sun. 

My mom finally got down the stairs. She was dressed in a long, red dress and black heels. Her hair was perfectly brushed in a bun. I wish I can do that with my hair. 

Molly: You all look great. 
Paul: Just like you darling. 

It was strange to see someone calling my mom darling, but she looked happy. After three hours long flight, we were in Miami. The smell of the ocean was so familiar. It brought every memory I've got from our vacation. Almost immediately, I remembered our night swimming, zipline, drinking wine- the best memories I have, but the most painful ones. 

We congratulated my aunt and his husband. They were about 30 years old and they both looked so happy. After the church, we went to the beach. There were white tables, chairs, and a band. Everyone had such a great time until most people got drunk- including my mom. She wasn't drunk, like not be able to walk, she was just laughing at everything.

After a few hours of sitting and trying not to fall asleep, I got an idea of running away. Since no one will notice I'm gone, I went to the rocks nearby. I sat down on the sand beach and leaned on the hard rock. My dress was wet because of the waves, but I didn't care. I just wanted to get away from my mom and Paul and Travis and everyone who was at the wedding.

I was looking at the stars and moon, with a band playing in the background. Anyone who's here would think this is such a beautiful place, romantic. But I was still empty- not able to think about everything that's happening. 

While I was sitting there with my thoughts everywhere around, Travis came and sat down next to me- leaning on the rocks. 

Abigail: What are you doing here?
Travis: The same as you. 
Abigail: Trying to get away from everyone?
Travis: Pretty much. 
Abigail: Well, you'll have to find another place. This one is taken. 
Travis: Maybe I don't want to get away from literally everyone. 

I looked at him. Why is he doing this?

Abigail: Why are you doing this to us?
Travis: What?
Abigail: Saying such things. 

He gave me the best possible answer. His hands were around my neck and I felt his warm lips on mines. This was so wrong. 

Molly: Aby!?

My mom and Paul were standing next to us and we pulled apart immediately. We stood up, shocked. 

Abigail: What are you doing here!?
Paul: What are you doing here?
Abigail: Nothing. 
Molly: Abigail. Travis. We'll talk about this when we get home. Now get out of here. 

Quickly as possible, we ran back to the wedding. 

Abigail: We're in such trouble. 
Travis: They're both drunk. I don't think they'll remember. 
Abigail: You think this is something they can forget!?
Travis: I hope so. 

After we both realized we can't be at this stupid wedding, surrounded by so many people, we just left. We were walking around the park we tumbled on. The park was close to the beach, so there were palms and sand everywhere. I took my heels off and walked barefoot. 

Abigail: This place is amazing. 
Travis: Yeah. I can't believe I didn't find this while I was here. 

We were at the beach now, letting the ocean touch our legs. We were sitting in the sand and my head was on Travis's shoulder. 

Abigail: What do you think will happen when we get back home?
Travis: I don't know. And I'm not sure if I want to know.
Abigail: Neither am I. God knows what will they tell us. 

I was looking at him. This was perfect. Why every day can't be like this?

Travis: I don't care what will happen. They can't do anything to us. 
Abigail: Can I ask you something?
Travis: Sure. 

He was now looking at me with his dark eyes. 

Abigail: Why me?

He smiled and put a lock of my hair behind my ear. I was looking at his dark blue eyes- for the first time in a long period, he seemed happy. 

Travis: Aby, that summer vacation last year was the best thing that happened to me. I have never been in love with anyone like I am with you. You got my attention the moment the two of us ran out of that house. I regret lots of things in my life, but you will never be one of them.