Stefan...

Stefan:

I sat there, completely bored. All the girls did all night was surround me, leaving me barely any room to breathe. I thanked the heavens when they started the music.

I was quickly grabbed by a girl, a pretty blonde who was rather quiet all night. She led me to the dance floor where I danced with her, being polite. During the music I stared at her. She was beautiful. Her blonde hair framed her face in ringlets, her chocolate brown eyes staring back at me intently. I kept a smile on my face the whole time. She seemed shy and timid. I racked my brain for her name when it came to me; Anabel.

My hands rested on her slim waist and she wrapped hers around my neck. Once the music ended I was surprised when she reached up and kissed me, her soft lips molding to mine perfectly. After a few seconds of hesitation I kissed her back. We heard claps all around, quickly braking away in embarrassment. He cheeks flamed a cute red, like Emmy.

Crap, I almost forgot. I had to get away from the party soon and find Emmy to apologize for standing her up.

Five songs later, and a long kiss from Anabel I set off to find Emmy. My mind wandered back to Anabel. She was gorgeous and didn't seem to give me too many compliments. I decided I would spend some more time with her before making and big decisions. She seemed like a great girl, and I hoped she'd make a good wife. And eventually a good queen.

I got to Alina's room and took a deep breath, not knowing how Emmy would take this. I knocked twice, waiting for her to answer the door. Sure enough it creaked open, Emmy peering out. Seeing who it was she started to shut the door but I stopped it with my foot.

"Emmy listen I-" She cut me off.

"No, Stefan! I won't listen, not now, not ever!" She gave a sniffle. She retreated further in the room. I followed, hoping she'd forgive me. I don't know what I would do if I lost her.

"Emmy, I'm sorry!" She sat at the window seat, no doubt pretending I was there. "I forgot I made plans with Alina's friends and Alina wouldn't let me skip the party!"

That got her attention. She stood up and walked over, getting in my face. No one else had ever dared to do that, except Emmy. Well, Anabel got in my face, but not the way Emmy did.

Emmy laughed. She laughed! What did I do that was so funny?

"I can't believe you," She spat, venom in her words. "I thought you were my friend, Stefan! But instead you stand me up for those snobs you always tell me you can't stand! And to top it all off you made out with that blonde bimbo!" She shook her head. Crap, she saw us kiss.

"Emmy I already said I'm sorry," I pleaded. "What more do you want from me?" She looked me in the eye, opening her mouth to say something before quickly shutting it again.

"You of all people should know what I want right now," She said, tears welling up. I hated to see her cry so I moved closer, but she just dodged from my touch. "I just want my father back." The answer came out broken and strained. I could have crawled beneath a rock right then and there. Then I made up my mind. I would do whatever it takes to win my friendship with Emmy back.

"Come with me," I said, grabbing her hand and pulling her behind me out the door and down the hallway.

"Get your hands off of me!" She jerked from my grasp.

"Follow me," I said, walking on. Why did she have to be so stubborn?

"Where are we going?" She demanded. I ignored her and continued down the hall and wound my way throughout the palace, stopping before the prison door. She stared at me knowingly.

"I can, I can s-see my father?" Tears welled up again and this time they spilled over her cheeks. I nodded and before I knew what was happening she had flung herself onto me, clinging tightly while tears ran down her face.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She repeated over and over again. I hugged her back, glad that we were friends again.

After a few minutes like that she pulled away, wiping away her tears. I opened the door, walking over to the guard. Without words he bowed and let us pass. Another guard bowed also.

"Take me to Luke Lancing," I ordered. The guard bowed again before leading us down the dark, musty hallway. Moans and whispers came from the prisoners.

Then, Emmy screamed. A heart-wrenching, blood-curdling scream.