Emmy..

Emmy:

It's been two weeks since Stefan has had me locked up in this blasted room. He brings me my food three times a day and always visits during dinner. I mean, don't get me wrong I'm really happy I get to spend time with him. But it pains me to see him and think that we'll never be together. He would never want to marry me.

And with his one month opportunity to choose coming to an end it makes it so much harder. I sat on my bed, sketching a flower when Stefan burst in. He didn't have any food in his hand.

"Emmy," He panted, out of breath. I sprung up from my bed and ran over to him.

"What? What's wrong?" Please let it not be my father.

"You remember that day," He paused to catch his breath. "we went to the evidence archives and saw that powder on the knife?" I nodded furiously wanting him to just tell me already.

"Turns out that was a rare powder that can only be obtained in the Northern Black Lands." I didn't understand where he was going.

"The Northern Black Lands are home to the most prestigious Assassin Academy, which means your father is innocent! He's just been released!" I cried out in joy. My father was out of that horrible place after being in there for more than a month! I was overcome with happiness.

I slammed into Stefan with a hug, and he quickly hugged me back. I was sobbing and Stefan was trying to calm me down.

"Thank you," I said over and over again.

"We're holding a party tonight on behalf of your father's release; you'll get to see him then. Go to Alina's room and get ready. See you in an hour." And just like that he was gone. My mind was still reeling with so many thoughts.

I whisked out the door and skipped down the hallway to Alina's room, a guard following behind me. I quickly rapped on the door which was soon answered by Alina herself. She let out a cry when she saw me.

"Emmy!" She pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. "I've missed you so much!" She said. Stupid Stefan hadn't let me have any visitors except himself. Can you say 'greedy much'?

"I know, I've missed you too!" She pulled me into her room and over to her wardrobe. Since we were the same size I could wear her clothes.

"Come now," She smiled. "We have a party to prepare for."