Part 7

Part 7

Marinette POV

I felt someone brush past me. They were so silent I barely even noticed that they had passed. I quickly turned my head over my right shoulder. I saw him walking away. I could tell by his black suit and his slick back blonde hair that it was him.

But that wasn't all. I know I looked down beside my plate and my silverware. There was the smallest piece of paper folded into a nice square. He must've left me a note to tell me something important. I don't know why since it seems like we barely know each other, but nevertheless I'll open it up.

Miss,

Please meet me in the observatory 12 o'clock sharp tonight.

I look forward to seeing you there, if you even show up that is.

Anonymous

If I'm being honest, I did not know what this was about at all. Yes the boy helped me when I fell earlier and he ran into me, but I didn't know him that well and it sounded like he had a girlfriend or a girl he was fighting with...

Two more hours to go. But for now I'll enjoy the feast of the bourgeois.

Two hours later...

It was five minutes til 12, and I surely had no idea what was about to happen. I asked a butler where the observatory was and he pointed me into the direction of a dark hallway. I walked down and I could hear the music from the gala behind me. The chatter and music from the quartet faded away as I ventured down the hallway. It disappeared until I was only left with the echoing sound of my own heels on the marble floors. I saw a small door that was creaked open on the left side. It was small,wooden, and had a golden handle just as the Butler said it would.

I held my breath as I slowly turned the knob. When I opened the door, the room had a beautiful blue hue to it from the stars that shun through the domed skylight. It was a smaller room with a sofa and a table set in the middle. The walls were lined with books that were most likely about astronomy. But in the center of the room was the boy.

He turned around.

"Hello there miss," He said as he turned around and gave me a smile.

"Hello," I started nervously. "Is there a reason I am here?"

"Well, not really. I just wanted to look at the stars with someone..." he replied and scratched the back of his neck.

"Didn't you walk in here with Lila Rossi... like the supermodel?"

"See I did..." He paused and he walked over and took my hand. We headed towards the sofa that looked up at the stars. "But she and I had a little falling out." He finished.

"Oh I see," I replied. "But why would you bring me here?"

" I feel like you are someone who likes the stars. Your eyes are beautiful by the way." He said and helped me sit down. I couldn't help but blush.

"I definitely know you from somewhere..." I started to say but then I felt his glove on my shoulder.

"I think I know you too... crazy enough," he started. But as he said that the tips of his gloves pulled my hair back behind my ear. I could feel my face getting red. He was staring at my neck... or maybe at my earrings.

"Nevermind," he said "I don't think I know you but you seem very familiar."

This guy could not be Chat Noir... he is way too gentle and kind compared to him. But there is one way to find out. I took both his hands into mine and felt through his gloves. I felt a ring on his right hand... but I couldn't tell if it was just a regular ring.

"What are you doing?" he said as he laughed a bit. His laugh reminded me of the boy from the coffee shop... I guess it really was him. Adrien Agreste.

"I know where I knew you from," I started. "You still owe me a pair of black leggings."

To be continued...