Chapter Fourteen

The party started to wind down. Mason was with Jessa chatting. She was simpering and giggling. The closer she got to him the angrier I got. When she sat on his lap and put her hand on his chest I saw that she was still wearing her engagement ring and I saw red.
    I started to march over, but Luna Victoria stepped in front of me, halting me in my tracks. She leaned forward and whispered in my ear, "everything is going according to plan. Don't mess this up."
    "Why does she need to be on his lap?"
    "She needs to think that she's home safe and let down her guard. We won't learn anything until she lets something slip."
    "Yes but any decent wife would stop her." I say and march over to them. When I get there, I say, "As cosy as this is we need to get home. You'll need your massage."
    "Oh Mason! I can give you a massage," she says. "You remember how good I was at those before."
    "This is a special massage that only his mate can give him." I tell her.
    "I am his mate."
    "Not anymore. We've bonded. It can only be me." I narrow my eyes at her. I feel nothing but anger and jealousy.
    She looks at me with derision. Before Mason can say anything she says, "Well, then you'll just have to get out of the way, or someone will get you out of the way."
    "Oh, and how are you going to do that? Kill me. Only my death can end the bond, and if I die Mason will die with me." That can only happen after we've been intimate.
    "Mason, you had sex with this hag!" Mason looks at me like, What are you doing I had this in the bag.
    I look back at him like, Why are you letting her speak to me like this.
    "Chloe enough!" He says trying to keep to his plan.