Nap Time

By: "Zeobide274" at Archiveofourown.org

Lincoln grabbed his backpack which was packed full of everything that he would need for his day out with Clyde. They had been planning this day for weeks now and they were finally going out and explore the woods on the edge of town. There was a rumor going around at school that a beautiful girl could be seen dancing at the pond around midday and they wanted to see if it was true. Lincoln had a feeling in his gut that it was a ghost and as an Arggh cadet, he had a duty to find out the truth.

"Come in, Cadet Loud, do you read me?" Clyde's voice suddenly called out to him from his nightstand drawer next to his bed.

Pulling out his walkie talkie, Lincoln responded. "I read you, Cadet McBride."

"Lincoln, I'm afraid that I have some bad news. I won't be able to make it to today's mission. My grandmother tripped over one of her cats and now we have to go visit her at the hospital. My dad is crying because he thinks this could be her last moments." Clyde told him.

"Is it really that serious, buddy?" Lincoln asked. He could already picture Howard sobbing while Harold comforted him by hugging him and patting his back.

"Nah, my grandmother sent me a text with a photo of her injury. It's just a sprain but you know how my dad is." Clyde said with a chuckle. "Well, Buddy, I'll talk to you later. Clyde out."

"Roger, Lincoln out."

Lincoln sighed as he slumped on his bed. So much for a day of adventure and mystery solving. It's too bad that he didn't have a brother that he could take with him to the woods. He only had ten-

"Wait, that's it!" Lincoln quickly got up from his bed and made his way out towards the hall. He walked over to the twins room and knocked twice before he peered inside. Lola and Lana were having a tea party with Leni while Luan acted as their butler. 'I would not trust any tea from that butler'

"Hey, Lincoln, have you come to join my fabulous tea party?" Lola asked her older brother.

"Yea, come on, Lincoln, join us!" Lana said with an enthusiastic tone.

"I'm sorry, girls, but I actually came here to see if any of you wanted to join me in exploring the woods for ghosts?" Lincoln asked them.

"Ew, no. Then I'd smell like Lana." Lola said in disgust.

"Hey!" Lana protested. She then sniffed herself and blushed. "Okay, so maybe I do need a rinse."

"I'll pass too. After all, I don't think I'd stand a ghost of a chance against that spook." Luan said, laughing at her own pun.

"That was bad, even for you." Lincoln groaned. He then turned towards Leni. "What about you Leni?"

"What about me what?" Leni asked in confusion.

"Do you want to go exploring and ghost hunting with me?" Lincoln asked her.

"Hmmm...I don't know..." Leni said as she placed a finger on her chin. "I think I was supposed to do something today..."

"You were supposed to help me with my new gown after our tea party." Lola reminded her.

"No, that's not it." Leni said with a shake of her head. "I think I was supposed to help Lana with her new dress for her next pageant."

"Cool! I want one with frogs on it!" Lana said with a large smile.

"NO! Absolutely not! You're supposed to help me!"

Lincoln quickly left the room before the twins could start fighting. He made his way over to Lynn and Lucy's room and saw that Lynn was bench pressing Lucy's coffin while she was in it.