The Who's On First

Author: "MrTyeDye" from Devianart.

One Saturday afternoon, Luan was lying on her bed taking a nap, when she was awoken by the raspy voice of her rock-obsessed older sister.

"Hey, Luan, can you help me with something?" asked Luna.

Luan sat up from her bed with a yawn and a stretch. "Sure, what?"

She looked across the room to see Luna sitting on the beanbag, with a CD jewel case and a pen in her hand.

"I just put together a rockin' playlist for our next road trip," said Luna. "It's a medley of classic hits from the 60's and 70's, AKA, the golden age of rock and pop. I even had a label printed out for it!"

Luna walked over towards the bunk bed and handed the jewel case over to Luan.

"You still use CDs?" asked Luan.

"Eh, I'm old fashioned," Luna said with a shrug. "Point is, I made a pretty bone-headed mistake when I printed out the label. Take a look at the back."

Luan turned the case over, and immediately spied the problem; all the artists were listed, but none of the songs were.

"I forgot to put in the song titles! Can you believe it?"

Luan kicked back her head and let out the cheery chortle her siblings had come to know and love. "That is pretty bone-headed!"

"I know, I know. Anyway, the good news is that I still remember all the titles by heart. Would you mind writing them in for me?"

Luan raised an eyebrow at her. "Can't you do that yourself?"

"Yeah, but your handwriting's way neater than mine," said Luna.

Luan rolled her eyes, but decided to oblige, seeing as she didn't have anything better to do that day. She took the label out of the jewel case and uncapped the pen.

"Name the track and the artist, and I'll give you the title," said Luna. "As a warning, some of the titles are a little strange."

"I don't think that'll be a problem," said Luan. "Hmm... okay, Track 1 is a song by The Temptations."

"Get Ready."

...

An awkward silence ensued as Luan hovered her pen over the label, awaiting Luna's further instructions.

"Are you gonna tell me the name of the song?" asked Luan.

"Sure."

"Then what is it?"

"Get Ready."

Luan blinked. "I am ready. Just tell me what the song is called."

"Get Ready!"

"I'm ready!" cried Luan. "The pen is in my hand! Tell me the name of the song!"

"I am telling you the name of the song!"

"But you..."

Luan stopped herself and took a deep breath, massaging her temples.

"We'll come back to that one later," said Luan. "For now, let's just move on. Track 2 is by the Beach Boys. What's it called?"

"God Only Knows."

Luan gave Luna a befuddled look. "You did say that you made this playlist, right?"

"All by myself."

"And you remember all of the songs you put in?"

"Yep."