CHAPTER 6

"CALLBACKS!?"

Sharpay and Ryan are standing in front of the theatre club bulletin board. They have just found out that there will be callbacks for the lead roles, Arnold and Minnie.

"Callbacks for the roles Arnold and Minnie next Thursday 3:30 PM, Ryan and Sharpay Evans, Y/N Montez and Troy Bolton." Ryan reads calmly as his sister freaks out.

"Is this some kid of joke?" Sharpay asks hysterically. "They didn't even audition."

"Maybe we're being punked." Ryan says seriously causing Sharpay to look at him like he's lost his mind.

"What?"

"Maybe we're being filmed right now." He exclaims looking around for the nonexistent hidden cameras. "Maybe we'll get to meet Ashton."

"Oh, shut up, Ryan!" Sharpay exclaims as some of the basketball team members walk by, laughing.

"What's wrong?" Chad asks, looking between the two. He follows their line of vision to see the sheet announcing the call backs. His smile slowly drops as he sees Troy's name. "What?" He walks away, as the rest of the team look at the sheet, all shocked.

................................................

By lunchtime, Sharpay was still seething. As the rest of the drama club ate, Sharpay paced back and forth on the balcony in the cafeteria. "How dare she sign up? I've already picked out the colors for my dressing room."

"And," Ryan interjects in a calmer tone, "she hasn't even asked our permission to join the drama club."

Sharpay smacks the table causing the group to jump. "Someone's got to tell her the rules."

"Exactly," Ryan agrees, "and what are the rules?"

Sharpay groans before looking over the railing of the balcony at the students down below.

At the basketball table, they were just hanging out, while Zeke, paces back and forth wanting to admit something.

"You can bet
There's nothin' but net
When I am in a zone and on a roll
But I've got a confession
My own secret obsession
And it's making me lose control." He sings to his teammates, them looking at him expectantly.

"Everybody gather 'round." The jocks tells everyone, leaning in to hear Zeke's confession.

"Well if Troy can tell his secret, then I can tell mine... I bake!" He replies, causing the jocks to gasp in shock.

"What?" Chad asks him wondering if he's joking.

"I love to bake strudels, scones, and even an apple pandowdy."

"Not another sound." The jocks turn their backs to him as he continues.

"Somebody I hope to make a perfect creme brûlée!"

"No, no, no, noooooooooooooooo
No, no, no,
Stick to the stuff you know." The jocks sing, pointing to the basketball in the middle of the lunch table.

"If you wanna be cool
Folllow one simple rule
Don't mess with the flow, no no
Stick to the status quo.