CHAPTER 10

SINCE Y/N AND TROY MADE UP, THINGS HAVE TURNED AROUND.

Troy and Y/N have worked it out with Kelsey to have basketball practice and scholastic decathlon practice at the same time, and meet in the music room when it's done. Y/N and Troy would meet at his locker, before going to rehearse together. Things were definitely working towards their favors.

"Hey guys, come here," Y/N waves the scholastic team over to her, explaining what to do with the experiment in front of her. "Go ahead and put five grams of this in, and that causes it to change from an acidic state causing the color to change from pink to blue. Just like those pH test strips." Y/N looks at the clock, noticing she's going to be late meeting Troy. "Oh, got to go." She takes off her apron and safety googles, hanging them up and running out the door.

Troy arrives at his locker, not seeing Y/N there. He glances at his nonexistent watch, just as she rounds the corner, grabbing a hold of his hand. "Woah, you're late." Troy teases causing her to laugh as she pulls him behind her to the music room.

"Gives us strength, strength to believe. We're soaring, flying. There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach, if we're trying." Y/N and Troy sing together, Kelsey playing the piano. As they sing, Sharpay and Ryan were walking by the music room but stops when they hear them sing.

"Wow, they sound good." Ryan says causing Sharpay to scoff and walk towards the door, looking into the room.

"We have to do something." Sharpay states, walking away from the door with Ryan behind her. "Ok, our callback's on Thursday, and the basketball game and the scholastic decathlon are on Friday. Too bad all these events weren't happening on the same day. At the same time."

"Well," Ryan says thoughtfully, "that wouldn't work out, because Troy and Y/N wouldn't be able to make the—." He realizes what she was thinking. "I'm proud to call you my sister."

"I know." Sharpay says, heading towards Ms.Darbus' room to start her plan.

............................................

A day before the callbacks, Y/N and Troy walked into the school with their friends behind them. As they enter they see Kelsey staring at the theatre bulletin board.

Troy looks at the board, seeing the notice. 'Callback auditions rescheduled for Friday, starting at 3:30.'

"Callbacks the same time as the game?" Troy says in disbelief as Y/N looks over his shoulder to read the notice.

"And the scholastic decathlon."

"Why would they do that?" Taylor asks.

"I smell a rat named Darbus." Chad comments, knowing Darbus doesn't like the basketball team.

"Actually, I think it's two rats, neither of them named Darbus." Kelsey corrects, Chad looking at her confused.

"Do you know something about this, small person?"

Kelsey sighs before stepping in front of Troy and Y/N. "Ms. Darbus might think that she's protecting the show, but Ryan and Sharpay are pretty much only concerned with protecting themselves."

"Do you know what I'm going to do to those two over the moon show dogs?" Chad asks, handing his basketball to Zeke, about to go find the twins but Troy stops him.

"Nothing." Troy says, stopping Chad. "We're not going to do anything to them, except sing maybe. All right, now this is only going to happen if we all work together. Now who's in?" Troy puts his hand in the middle of the group.

Y/N smiles at him before putting hers on top of his, everyone else joining in.

"Ok," Troy says. "Now here's what we're going to do."