CHAPTER 7

"IS SHARPAY REALLY, REALLY MAD AT ME?"

Once assuring Y/N that Sharpay left the cafeteria, Taylor pulled her into the room so they could eat.

"I said I was sorry." Y/N tells Taylor causing her to sigh.

"Look," Taylor starts looking at Y/N, "no one has beaten out Sharpay for a musical since kindergarten."

"I wasn't trying to beat anyone out." Y/N explains, "We didn't even audition. Ms. Darbus said we were too late. We were just singing."

Taylor shakes her head at Y/N. "You won't convince Sharpay of that. I'm telling you if that girl could figure out a way to play both Romeo and Juliet, her own brother would be aced out of the job."

"I told you it just happened, but I liked it a lot." Y/N says with a smile on her face, thinking of Troy and her singing together. "Did you ever feel like there's this whole other person inside of you just looking for a way to come out?"

"Not really, no." Taylor says thoughtfully, before laughing slightly, Y/N laughing too. The bell rings, causing Taylor to gasp, "Let's go."

..................................................

Open her locker after lunch, Y/N sees a piece of paper fall to the floor in front of her. Picking it up she reads it seeing it's from Troy.

Meet me at the roof .

                          ~Troy.

Smiling, she tucks the note into her pocket, closing her locker door, and heading towards the stairs that lead to the roof.

Walking up the stairs, she looks around in amazement at the flowers on either side of the staircase. She reaches the top, seeing Troy, standing there smiling at her. "Wow. It's like a jungle up here."

"Yeah," Troy comments as she walks to stand next to him, "just like the cafeteria."

Y/N groans, knowing he saw what happened. "You were there?"

"Well I think by now everyone knows what happened. I mean it's Sharpay, the drama queen of East High." Troy replies as she cringes.

"Yeah, well it's my third day here and I just humiliated myself into the next century."

"No, come on." Troy denies, as she laughs slightly.

"So," Y/N comments changing the subject, "this is your private hide out?"

"Yeah," Troy agrees opening his arms wide, gesturing around the space. "Thanks to the science club, which means my buddies don't even know it exists."

"You pretty much have this school wired don't you, Troy?" Y/N asks. "Seems to me like everyone on campus wants to be your friend."

"Unless we lose." Troy admits, looking down.

"I'm sure it's tricky being the coach's son."

"Makes me practice a little harder, I guess. I don't what he's going to say when he finds out about the singing."

"You worried?" Y/N asks Troy causing him to look at her.

"My parents' friends are always saying your son's the basketball guy. You must be so proud." He reveals, looking off into the distance, frowning. "Sometimes I don't want to be the basketball guy. I just want to be a guy, you know?"

"I saw the way you treated Kelsey at the audition, yesterday. Do your friends know that guy?" Y/N asks walking towards the bench that was on the roof, sitting down.