22

Once she entered the coffee shop, Calum wasn't there. She furrowed her eyebrow's. "Hey, Autumn. How are you?" Michael asked her. She smiled, "I'm great. How about you?" stop lying. "Fantastic. The usual?" Michael asked. Autumn nodded, "Yes, please." she smiled. She gave him the three dollars in exchange for the french vanilla coffee. "Thanks, Michael. I'll see you soon. I've been busy recently." she said. Michael smiled, "Understandable."

She exited the coffee shop, wondering why Calum wasn't there. Checking her phone for the time, she began to get confused. 5:30 a.m it read. "He's usually there by that time." She said. Sighing, she turned to her right once she reached the end of the street. As she grew closer to her apartment, she looked at the tall figure, confused.

"Calum?" she said, confused. She smiled as she realized it was him. "Calum!" she called. He stood there, waiting. When she stood in front of him, she saw him looking at her with a serious face. "Calum? Calum? What's wrong?" she asked.

"Were you talking about yourself two days ago?" he asked, questions beginning to escape his mouth. Autumn looked at him, afraid of saying yes. "Did you not want me to become closer to you because you started to dislike yourself? Autumn, are you the girl who's dying inside?"

"Calum. . ." she whispered, becoming more and more afraid of not knowing what to say.

"If that's whats happening, Autumn, I just want you to know that it's okay if you'll hurt me along the way. Autumn, just let me save you." Calum said, standing closer to her. Autumn felt the tears forming in her eye's.

"I don't want to be saved."

"Just give me a chance." Calum whispered. Tears fell from her eye's,
she couldn't be saved even if he tried. But she wanted to know what will happen if she let someone in, after all those months.