CH 3: After Heat

Jongho thought the human was going to remain silent, but Yeosang surprised him when he whispered something he never thought he'd hear from Yeosang.

"Wooyoung hates me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Wooyoung

"What wolf in their right mind would ever mate with a human, let alone be interested in one?" The words clanged harshly around in Wooyoung's head. He couldn't get them or Hongjoong's sneer out of his head, no matter how hard he tried.

He should have just kept his mouth shut. He should have known...

A rage swept through him again as he thought about Yeosang's reprimand and expression. He'd known. Yeosang had known that Wooyoung's crush was mated and he hadn't said anything. He had just let him go on and on like a complete fool.

Wooyoung covered his heated face with his hands. He was so stupid! Why did he ever think he had a chance with Seonghwa? It was so obvious, now that he looked back. It was so obvious that Hongjoong and Seonghwa were mates- that Seonghwa was just humoring his silly human desires.

Wooyoung groaned and threw himself backward onto his bed at a new thought. Seonghwa would have smelled his desire for him. His cheeks burned as he thought about it. He was so stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid!

But it wasn't even his own obliviousness that hurt the most, nor Hongjoong's words, it was the complete and utter betrayal of Yeosang knowing and not telling him. Why did Yeosang hide it from him? Why was he so cruel?

A tear slid down Wooyoung's cheek and into his ear as his lips began to tremble. He'd refused to see Yeosang since that day. Had screamed at Yeosang to leave him alone, told him that he never wanted to see him again and then locked himself in his room. Wooyoung wasn't sure how many days had passed, but his memory supplied the number (happened Friday) five. And Yeosang had come around every single day. And every single day, he told his mother to tell Yeosang to leave. He couldn't even find it within himself to feel bad that he was likely hurting Yeosang, and that scared Wooyoung a little.

But, Yeosang had let Wooyoung look like a fool. Had betrayed him. Hell, he'd gotten so cozy with Hongjoong, it was like Wooyoung didn't mean anything to him anymore. Wooyoung bet the two were laughing about his obliviousness behind his back. He didn't want to think that Seonghwa could have been too, that would just hurt him too much. He wouldn't be able to bear his best friend and crush laughing at him.

A small part of him knew that these thoughts were ridiculous, but in his current state of mind, he ignored the voice, no matter how reasonable it was.

A gentle knock on his door pulled him out of his thoughts. He allowed his hands to fall away from his face and he stared at the door for a moment before calling out, "Yes?"

"Wooyoung, Yeosang's here to-"

"Tell him to go away. I don't want to see him." Wooyoung interrupted his mother before she could finish. He didn't miss her heavy sigh before she walked away.

Wooyoung still hadn't told her what happened, too ashamed to admit his stupidity. He knew she was disappointed in him for behaving this way, and she constantly reminded him that they would be leaving on Saturday and that he shouldn't be shutting Yeosang out- that he shouldn't be wasting precious hours being spiteful or upset. But Wooyoung couldn't force himself not to feel betrayed. He couldn't look past what Yeosang had done and couldn't bring himself to see Yeosang before he left.