5 - abby...

ik I already titled a chapter this but that's what the chapters about.

5

we started to head down to where the pillars were. we were walking down the hallway and Ellie was whispering to herself. she needs rest and is obsessing over this.

i was worried about her she never acted like this. i knew that Abby was bothering her but I didn't know it was this much. i'm not sure if it's hatred mixed with loss of blood but Ellie was so much different right now.

we already heard gunshots from the prisoners which was good so now we wouldn't have to deal with others. i decided to take the lead and Ellie calm herself down and get ready for whatever is about to happen.

i had my gun in my hand and I opened the doors cautiously looking around to see if any infected or people were around but it was empty. there were screams around us everywhere and gun shots. it sounded like a war was happening and that would attract a lot of infected.

we made our way down from the building and when Ellie had to jump down it was obvious her side hurt a lot. i helped her up and said "are you sure you can go through with this?".

she just nodded.

we continued to go towards the beach. we saw fires and explosions in the distance. a lot was happening right now and it was very overwhelming.

once we found the beach Ellie led the way. we found the pillars and there were people tied to them.

"Abby?" Ellie called out. once we found her she looked so... different.

she was weak and a lot skinnier. they cut off her hair and she just looked really rough. Ellie pulled out her knife and I thought she would do it right then and there but she cut her down.

i was confused to why but she did I'm not gonna question her why cause she can do what she wants but I'm just gonna make sure she doesn't die.

Abby looked terrified at this very moment. she went and untied the boy and picking him up while comforting him.

she looked at me and Ellie and said "there are boats this way". now she was helping us? this whole thing was confusing.

the person Ellie wants to kill is helping us. I think Abby changed a bit and I bet it has something to do with that kid or the fact that she was weak.

i just followed Ellie.

we got to the boats and Ellie put her stuff in one and I put mine in there as well. "Ellie what are you doing?" I whispered to her since I was very confused. she just looked at me then looked away.

she turned around and walked towards Abby and said "I can't let you leave..". Abby didn't want to fight her. Ellie pulled out her knife and put it at the boys throat to get her to fight and it did.

Ellie looked at me telling me to leave and so I did. i walked back in the beach and sat in the sand. i knew if Ellie needed my help she would make it clear like scream or something.

it's been about a minute or so and I was very worried but I know Ellie and she isn't gonna get herself killed like that.

"y/n?..."

i was shocked to hear my name but that voice too.

i turned around and it was him.

"....dad?"

i love cliff hangers lmao