10 - ending

10

it's been two days since the surgery and she still hasn't woke up. the good thing is she's been breathing this whole time. i don't wanna feel that way again I hated every moment of that.

i haven't left her side for two days. the others are worried about me but as long as I get a bit of food a day I'll be fine. i don't wanna miss it when she wakes up.

the surgeon said that she would need to rest for about a week but I know her too well. she's gonna wake up and if she stays awake she will get out of bed and her excuse would be "i need to move anyway".

man I've missed her.

if I'm going mad without her for a week or two how would I be if she died.

Tommy came inside and pulled up a chair next to me. he sat down in it and then said "how's she doin?"

"better she looks it too" I said while holding her hand.

Tommy pulled out a box and said "I have something for you". it was a small box. i have him a look and asked

"Tommy are you asking me to marry you or something"

he rolled his eyes and then put the box in my hands.

"no you idiot... your the one that said you were thinking about asking y/n... man you didn't have to embarrass me like that" he said crossing his arms.

i held the box in my hands then opened it. i gasped and closed it before saying "Tommy where the hell did you get this?!?".

he shrugged and said "I have my ways".

i put the box in my pocket and said "well it's really beautiful thank you".

he nodded and I looked back at y/n. I got a bit nervous now. i mean why wouldn't I be.

me and y/n have been together for over 3 years and well in the real world we would probably get married. but this is a world with infected on it.

but we make it real and fun. we both have tried our hardest to make it seem normal and well it's been working and awhile back I told tommy I wanted to possibly marry her but I never knew he would get me a ring to give her.

i am grateful for it though.

i thought I could make our relationship normal for her as well but she ended up almost dying cause of my need for revenge.

i sighed and laid my head on her bed.

"please wake up...." I said to her feeling once again guilty.

i felt a bit of grip on my hand. the hand that was holding y/n's hand as well.

i sat up and looked at. then at y/n. i watched her eyes start to slowly open.

i smiled brightly wanting to hug her tightly but I knew I couldn't. she looked up at me and smiled a bit. i couldn't stop smiling.

"you look like an idiot" she said with a little laugh. i just rolled my eyes then said "welcome back".

i leaned down and gently kissed her lips. she kissed but I pulled away from it but she wrapped her arms around me hugging me tightly.

i hugged back and said "hey easy alright?". she didn't listen and we kept it like this for awhile and Tommy had left to give me and her some privacy.

we broke the hug and I said "how are you feel-".

i stopped as I watched her sit up. she groaned a bit but she did manage to sit up. i sighed and said "you need to rest".

"I've been resting for long enough Cmon I need to move anyways".

see what did I tell you.

i grabbed her hand and helped her up. there was no use in arguing and besides I was too happy to see her.

y/n smiled and said "aw they gave me my own personal helper". i rolled my eyes with a smile. she's still hella cocky.

i put my arm around her waist and helped her walk around.

when I opened the door I was met with the others.

"how did I know you wouldn't cooperate with us" Dina said coming up to her then giving her a hug.

y/n smiled hugging her back.

"we're all happy your back now... beyond happy" Dina said breaking the hug and smiling at us both.

we all talked then y/n said she wanted to go walk. so I took her to go walk.

"so.... what's wrong with you?" She asked.

i tilted my head a bit and said "nothing why".

"your quiet and I know when your quiet somethings on your mind El".

i sighed and smiled a bit. "I'm fine I'm just still worried about you babe".

y/n smiled and said "well quit worrying cause I'm back now and feel a whole lot better".

i just smiled at her. she turned to me and put arms around the back of my neck and I put my hands on her waist.

she smiled up at me and said "i love you...thank you for everything you've done for me ellie I really appreciate it all".

"i would do anything for you" I said smiling down at her. i looked down at her lips then closed my eyes passionately kissing her. she kissed back.

i broke it then said "y/n you make me feel like I'm FREE from this messed up world".

(now it's your POV)

i snickered.

Free huh?

ahhhh it's doneee I'm sorry it took me a bit to write the last part and honestly I feel like I could've wrote it better so I might edit it but I wanna say thank you to everyone who votes and reads my stories it means a whole lot. we're close to 1k on this story!!! and on the first book were close to 2k and it really means a lot. if you want a third story please let me know. if you want it to be a third part for this story or a different fandom or even another Ellie x Female reader but a different plot. if it's a different plot give me some ideas as well lol. but I hope you enjoyed the story!