9 - surgery

9

it's now the next day and today y/n is going through surgery. Maria said only the surgeons were aloud in the room and I didn't like that but if it means y/n gets better then I'm willing to let it happen.

she's been unconscious since yesterday but I'm just happy she woke up.

last night I got sleep and I'm not gonna lie it felt amazing to sleep again.

i rolled out of bed and stretched my arms out while yawning as well. i pushed myself up and walked over to the bathroom and looked in the mirror.

i looked at myself and sighed. i looked better but still not great.

i leaned forward and looked at my face. it had a little bit of bruises on it and little cuts.

i looked down and turned on the water from the sink. i splashed myself with water in my face rubbing off some dirt as well. i grabbed a towel and wiped off the water.

"better I guess" I said to myself.

i looked at the bathtub and smiled a bit memories of me y/n over the years flooded my mind.

"Ellie stop!!" y/n said while laughing in the bath tub.

i was washing off makeup both me and her played with thar we found. i splashed her with water and that's why she told me to stop.

i smiled rolling my eyes and grabbed a rag continuing to wipe off the makeup. once it was all gone I smiled and said "I like you better without a cakey face".

she wined and said "it wasn't cakey I thought I looked fine". she crossed her arms and started to pout.

i flicked her forehead and said "hey act your age you know that crap doesn't work on me". i got up and pulled her up with me.

i smiled down at the bath tub. me and y/n had fun memories together. i walked out of the bathroom and saw a game console.

"Ellie stop your cheating!!!" y/n yelled as we played a game I was obviously beating her in.

"no you just suck" I said laughing out loud while killing her in a game. her health was going down quickly and when she died she put her controller down and walked away.

"why can't fighting games be so much easier... it's easier in real life why can't they make it like that" y/n said complaining about the video game.

i stood up and walked towards her.

"aw is someone mad they can't beat me??" I said teasing her with a little laugh. she rolled her eyes and said "yes I didn't think it would be that hard".

"welp we had a deal hand it over" I said holding out my hand for my prize.

"i never agreed to give it to you so no" y/n said with a smirk.

i was about to argue back but she was right she didn't agree.

"well played".

i looked away from it and quickly put on my clothes. i walked out the room to get away from them.

my memories were happy with her but what if we couldn't make new ones anymore?

i had to shake off all these bad thoughts and just get to her. it was early in the morning and they said they were planning to do it after sunrise.

i looked at the sky and it was almost time. i walked into the emergency room and everyone was there.

i looked at y/n and slid past everyone going by her side. i held her hand and listened to their conversation.

i was apparently late cause they were starting in 5 minutes.

"we already hooked her up to the machines and we gave her medicine. in maybe 2 more minutes we can start we're just waiting on the medicine to kick in" one of the surgeons said.

once it was time they told everyone to wait outside. i kissed y/n on the cheek before leaving with everyone else.

"we will come get you if there is a problem" one said before closing the door.

it's been 20 minutes already and we're all scared. but no one was more scared than me I couldn't lose her and if I did... I don't know what I'd do.

the door slammed open and the surgeon yelled "Maria we need you now!!". Maria quickly walked in and I went to follow but Dina and Tommy pulled me back.

all I saw was that they were giving y/n chest compressions. I heard a long beep...

tears formed in my eyes and I yelled "let me go!!!!"

i fought my way to try and get away from them.

"she's not breathing!!" Maria said continuing cpr. they were giving her air. they were gonna try a use defibrillation (shocking a person back to life).

every word I heard and that long beep still going killed me. i cried out for them to let me go.

they wouldn't let me go and they were in just the amount of a emotional state I was.

i kept watching in horror.

"y/n please...breath" I said lowly to myself.

my heart ached as I yelled "y/n please you have to live!!!".  they kept doing it over and over again. her body looked lifeless. i couldn't look at her in that state.

she had to live.

she needs to live.

i continue to cry and they continue with getting to breath. they kept doing it until...

she started breathing again...

Maria had to leave the room after that and they had to get back to the surgery quickly before it happens again.

Dina and Tommy let me go and I fell to my knees. i had to calm down. i was dreading that whole situation.

it only took about 5 minutes and they came back and said they were done. i was a mess and so was everyone one else.

when all the surgeons left I was the first one in there. i grabbed her hand and held onto it not letting go. i laid my head down and whispered "please...you need to wake up soon you can't do that to me".

i never left her side that whole day.

i just couldn't.