Chapter 3 - Internal Fires of Dantooine

"Ahsoka wake up. The council is giving us another mission today. They'll be briefing us in the chambers." Anakin demanded, as he knocked on her door and patiently waited.

"Coming Master. I'll be there in a few minutes!" She shouted. Ahsoka grabbed her lightsaber and fastened her Padawan braid behind her blue and white lekku then advanced towards the refresher for a few moments.

"Good morning, Snips," Anakin greeted, as Ahsoka unlocked the door solely to be greeted by her Master.

"Morning! Wait. I forgot something." She reacted, recognizing she was missing the holo-tablet Rex gave her to study. Although she had to finish the book, Ahsoka was already satisfactory with Clone warfare.

"Hmm... A.C.T. 101. I can see why you're improving so fast." Anakin figured as he viewed the tablet she was carrying when she got out of her room.

"I have Rex to thank for that," she returned, with a smile on her face receiving his compliment. Anakin and Ahsoka initiated to walk through the temple foyer. Ahsoka held her holo-tablet towards her chest while studying several Jedi who were having conversations as they strolled towards the council chambers. Padawans and Younglings who were running nearby, also welcomed the Jedi Knight, Anakin. While traversing their route there, Anakin turned towards Ahsoka, and they asked each other various topics needing to learn more about each other.

"Do you have any thoughts on the war, Master?" Ahsoka questioned. He mused for a moment before announcing his judgment thoroughly.

"The war shouldn't have happened if I'm being honest with you Ahsoka. I could have ended it at the Battle of Geonosis. I could have killed Dooku, but I wasn't powerful enough. Not at the time. Another downside is that we aren't able to talk to the people who need our help. The poor and helpless citizens across the galaxy. Instead, we're putting all our resources into chasing the Sith." Anakin replied, his expression on his face revealed an abundance of regret.

"You are powerful. You're the chosen one. Mister long face just got lucky." Ahsoka replied, making him smirk a bit more. Anakin attempted to think of an intriguing question but couldn't, so preferably, he asked the most generic ones that came to mind.

"What's your favorite drink? Wait... What about color? No. What are those things covering the top of your forehead?" Anakin babbled.

"Master? Those are the most oversimplified questions I have ever heard." She lightly chuckled, then answered his questions.

"Blue milk is definitely my favorite drink. I love Maroon a lot. Nothing beats it. But if Maroon didn't exist, I would go for Blue. And those are teeth. Specifically Akul teeth. It's when I went back to my homeworld in Shili. Not to brag, but I single-handedly defeated one to earn it." She happily explained.

"I'm impressed, Snips." He replied in awe, but Ahsoka assumed he said it sarcastically, so she grinned and rolled her eyes. As they near the chambers, Anakin sensed a thud. He glanced down and noticed a youngling who drove into him. Ahsoka helped the blonde youngling up as he apologized to the Master.

"I'm sorry, Master." The youngling bowed. Anakin replied with a genuine smile. "It's okay just watch where you're going next time."

He then realized that he encountered a worthy subject to ask Ahsoka.

"So... Ahsoka. What were you like when you were a Youngling? Must have been fun to be running around and learning something new about the force every day." He remarked. Ahsoka stared at him for a split second before turning her eyes straight ahead. She reiterated the answer she gave Rex to Anakin.