Chapter 14 - An Ani-soka Date

Photo Creds: reese_tano

Author's Note: Going to be a while until I post the next one, but this chapter and the next is what you've been waiting for lol. Don't forget to vote, and review. Enjoy.

"How did you lose him?! You were only engaged in combat with him for a couple of minutes until I got here!" Anakin bellowed as his nostrils dilated.

The sandstorm dwindled once the rear AT-TE arrived, and Ahsoka sat with the group of Clones and blankly stared at the two Jedi Knights bickering. A sense of wanting to calm them both down dawned on Ahsoka, but couldn't because she wanted to be distant from Anakin. She took out her compass from her satchel, doubting that Anakin carried his with him. The force opened the front-facing cover, and the needle aimed towards Anakin. He retained it.

"Now, now. I couldn't see Dooku during the sandstorm, and he disappeared into the mist. Just like that." Obi-wan replied as he snapped his fingers. The response entirely infuriated Anakin more.

"I can't believe it! Now how are we going to get an opportunity to find him again?!" Anakin reprimanded, his hands brushing his hair back in frustration.

"When we get another opportunity, of course." Obi-wan boasted, whisking the sand off his shoulders and arms. Before Anakin could reply, he overheard his name from a distance. It was Ahsoka's voice. She witnessed Anakin sigh and loosened his fist.

He turned back to Obi-wan and informed him that he needed a break as the war took a toll on his sanity. Obi-wan stood with his hand brushing through his beard. Even Padme brought weight onto his shoulders.

"That you do. On behalf of the Council, we have decided that you and your Padawan are eligible for a vacation. You don't have to take your Padawan with you." Obi-wan guaranteed. He kept it from Anakin for a while until he needed the time alone. The last time a vacation was offered to Anakin, Obi-wan suspected he abused it to be with Padme.

"Thank you, Obi-wan. I needed this. Does it have to be somewhere specific?" Anakin questioned.

"Specific, no. Otherwise, I would have requested your vacation on Tatooine." Obi-wan boasted. The landing zone was soon saturated with LAAT's and dropships as the clash over Riflor completed. Obi-wan's fighter appeared, and he jumped in, but not before wishing Anakin good luck on his vacation.

Rex received orders to go up and ask Anakin regarding the next mission. "What's our next move, General?".

"Captain, your troops are done here. You guys can head home. Can you tell Ahsoka to come here for me?" Anakin commanded, presenting him a mission accomplished smile.

"Ugh. Yes, sir." Rex involuntarily replied. Anakin glanced at Ahsoka from a distance, but Ahsoka hastily stirred her head back to the Clones. Rex conversed with Ahsoka, and she grimaced downwards, shaking her head. As Rex paced back to Anakin empty-handed, Anakin's attitude changed. He pressed his lips at Rex and pointed back towards Ahsoka with his finger. Rex ultimately convinced Ahsoka to communicate with Anakin, and once she arrived, Anakin's aura changed. He was relieved.

"You called for me, Master?" Ahsoka asked.

"Good news, Ahsoka. The Council granted us vacation time." Anakin answered, but Ahsoka hesitated to reply to him, unsure if she wanted to go.

"Ahsoka. We haven't been on one since, well since I've met you. It will be nice for once." Anakin added. Ahsoka stood there with her hands clenched together as she stared at their two fighters descending behind Anakin. She peered back up solely to look at an innocent face staring back at her. She eventually caved in and sighed. Their astromechs welcomed them both before they headed inside their starfighters.