Chapter 7 - Losses and Gains

Author's Notes: A little back story to how Christophsis was retaken by Admiral Trench. Also, Anakin and Ahsoka moments are included. If you noticed a game reference here, I do not take credit for it. Just did it for fun, and went well with the Star Wars Universe.

Ahsoka, Anakin, and Yularen united around the holo table bridge to report their successful supply run to Obi-wan. It was a crystal clear day, but every person aboard didn't want to linger on Christophsis for longer than necessary.

"We delivered the supplies, Obi-wan," Anakin reported. He was disinterested in the mission. He then continued, "...and please don't send me for another supply mission again." He begged.

"You won't need to. It seems like the Separatists have already given up on this system." Obi-wan stated. He then disconnected the call.

"Yularen, get the ship ready for lift-off," Anakin commanded. Yularen signaled his technicians to switch on the engines and prepare the hyperdrive. Anakin and Ahsoka were heading to their quarters when the pilot, Kickback, arrived to salute them. It's been ages since the two exchanged words with him, and the last time they talked, it wasn't on a good day. Kickback assisted Ahsoka on the first and second attack waves at Ryloth, and he was one of the survivors that averted Ahsoka's massacre.

"General Skywalker. General Ahsoka. The boys and I wanted to know when we'll be leaving the planet." Kickback requested. Anakin smirked back and was going to inform him that they will be leaving in a few short minutes. He loosened his mouth to say the messages until the announcements came on.

"Attention all pilots! Our capital ships are under attack by Separatists fighters! Damages from the attacks are currently widespread throughout the landing zones. All fighters, scramble and intercept all threats immediately!" The loudspeakers then converted into a deafening wail of sirens. Anakin and Ahsoka both gaped at each other and ran towards the hangers to get their fighters prepped.

"Kickback, you're with me!" Anakin ordered, gesturing with his hand to follow him. He then turned to Ahsoka while they dashed, "Ahsoka, you're commanding Oxide squadron."

"Yes, Anakin." She replied as they finally arrived at their delta-wing Interceptors. She activated various multicolored buttons on her console, and she nodded towards her fighter pilots before taking off.

"Oxide team, time to take off." She approved. Several Clone pilots were chatting throughout the radio channels, and it confused everyone who was already in the air.

"They took out the Loyalist's Bridge!" A Clone yelled.

"Who's attacking? What's going on? Control, get those reserve fighters up fast." Another Clone radioed in.

"I want a damage assessment now!" Yularen demanded.

"We've taken extensive damage from those bombers and are currently losing several more capital ships!" The Liberation's captain yelled. The Resolute's bay doors opened, and pilots who had a fighter was cleared to take off.

"Oxide Team, you're cleared for take-off." Folter, the Resolute's bridge Captain, ordered. Ahsoka's fighters lifted off the ray shielded bays and onto the center of the take-off platform.

"Don't get overeager. Just do what you always do." Fireball comforted Ahsoka. Oxide lifted off the ship and circled The Resolute, and she waited for Anakin to be cleared for lift-off.

"Oxide team lifted off. Anakin's team take-off clearance granted. Take-off when ready." Folter ordered. He then announced to all Resolute pilots, "All aircraft under airborne command's jurisdiction following take-off. This is not a drill! I repeat this is not a drill!"