Chapter 11 - The Not So Luxsoka

"I won't be joining this mission, Anakin. I'll be sitting this one out." Ahsoka said, eyeing at Anakin from the cold, metallic holo-projector placed out in front of her.

"Offer still stands. Are you sure?" Anakin questioned. "I don't mind if you come to join me." Over time, Anakin didn't think of Ahsoka as a nuisance because she has proved to him that her maturity has developed. She stopped doubting herself in complex combat situations, has improved her skills as a Jedi warrior, and now can trust others.

"I'm sure. Besides. You have R2 covering your back, and don't forget Rex and Fives." She explained.

"I'll be back soon. Don't do anything I wouldn't do." Anakin jested.

"Take your time. Goodbye, Master." She replied as a robed Jedi sentinel strolled right beside her, denying the ability to call her Skyguy. He laid eyes on Ahsoka with a frown that discouraged his excitement of the mission, before looking back at her with a forced smile.

"Skywalker-out," Anakin said.

She sauntered to her quarters and locked the door with the force. The holo-projector was then placed onto the table at the other end of the room. The sun shimmering through the blinds gave the place a mystified aura and made her lightheaded, so she pulled the shutters down, denying the sun access to the room. She sat down on a mat that was lush as the grass back on Naboo and turned on the holo-projector that was before her. It gave a few sounding beeps until an apparition of Lux Bonteri appeared.

"Lux! Hi! Where are you? How are you? What are you doing?" Ahsoka babbled. She came to realize that she was as nervous as a smuggler, so she shut her eyes for a second and took a deep breath.

"Hey, Lux." She corrected herself.

"Hello, Ahsoka. It's great to see you again. I'm sorry I haven't been answering your calls, but it's because I've been busy since I've been in office as a senator. How's it going at the Jedi temple?" He asked.

"So far, so good if you ask me, but it's been quiet." She answered as she gazed into his eyes.

"Peace is... something you should... be grateful for," Lux replied as his apparition lagged in between his distorted sentences. Ahsoka broke her gaze at him and picked up the projector to inspect it. She gave the projector a few taps to the side with her right hand, hoping that would work.

"Lux, I think our connection is breaking up." Ahsoka thought.

"That's funny. Everything is fine on my end." Lux assessed as he pulled the holo-projector closer to him. Lux received a notification beep from his datapad, and a voice of an acquaintance requested his presence at once. These events made Lux want to end the call with Ahsoka.

"Ahsoka." He chimed in.

"Ugh... It must be this holo-projector. Let me get another one from the Temple library. I'll be right back, Lux." She complained.

"Ahsoka, wait a minute!" Lux yelled, but she had already rushed off.

Upon arrival at the library, Ahsoka replaced the defective projector with one that was located on the shelves. She sauntered to the datapad with a clear sign that said: "For Jedi missions only.". She placed her name on the datapad and dashed past several Jedi younglings towards her quarters. Unfortunately, on the way there, she collided with one of the Jedi Masters. Mace Windu.

"Watch where you're going, Youngling." Windu berated. He then noticed it was Skywalker's apprentice who abruptly ran into him.

"Excuse me. Padawan Tano." He corrected his mistake. He then noticed the item placed on her hand. It was the reason why he was heading towards the library in the first place. Someone was making several calls to someone on Onderon and Windu wanted to inspect who it was. He leered and checked at the number that was marked on the holo-projector before he walked off.