Chapter 6 - Blue Jaig Eyes

The following day, Ahsoka awakened from her slumber, and she appeared to be feeling healthier. She tip-toed to a secluded corner of her room so she could press her head against the vent connecting to her Master's quarters, but all she could hear was a whistle of the fresh Coruscant air coming from the adjacent junction.

Where is he? She wondered to herself.

She didn't think highly about it and ensured that, if Anakin required her, he could always use his comlink to communicate to her, so Ahsoka stepped out of her quarters to advance into the temple refectory. Various Jedi in garments stood dispersed throughout the dining expanses of the gardens when she arrived. Ahsoka had a choice of food while at the serving table, but rather than grabbing the Jedi's elegant food, Ahsoka took a ration pack. A congregation of Clone Commanders and Captains huddled on a table and away from the Jedi. She strolled towards Rex and his group of Clones to meet with them, and once she arrived, the Clones stared at each other in bewilderment. It was a surprise, but a welcomed one.

"Don't worry, the youngling is with me," Rex teased, giving Ahsoka a wink.

"For the second time, it's Padawan. You and Skyguy need to learn your Jedi terms. Are you going to introduce me to your friends, Rex?" She replied, correcting the Clone while she gouged on her food.

"Yes, General! These are Commanders Thorn, Wolffe, and Cody. And for Captains, well, I'm the only one." Rex chuckled to himself. "Guys, I want you to meet General Ahsoka Tano." He gestured with a forward motion of his arm so he could introduce every Clone at the table.

"Sir!" All the Clones chorused. Ahsoka glanced towards them and welcomed the professional display, but they didn't need to be soo formal around her.

"You don't have to be formal around me, I'm more of a laid back Jedi," Ahsoka stated as she whispered with her hand, hiding the side of her mouth.

"Hahaha. Alright, kid." Rex answered, tilting backward in his seat with his arms out behind his shaven head. Ahsoka pressed her lips firmly upon hearing the term kid. She resented it more than being called Snips, but she possessed an idea in mind.

"Hey, Rexy! You're going to be tagging along with me today." She teased as she rose up from her stool and proceeded to the doorway. The Clone Commanders began to snicker at the ridiculous name that Ahsoka had given him.

"I think you should go now, Rexy. Your General needs you." Fox roared.

"Rexy ole boy, where ya going? Stay with us for a little longer, will ya?" Wolffe teased as they all proceeded to laugh again. Rex felt uneasy by the comments his comrades hollered out and rushed towards Ahsoka.

"So, where are we going today, Commander?" Rex questioned.

"Going out to the Coruscant district alone would have bored me, so I wanted you to come along  since Anakin hasn't came back yet." Ahsoka elucidated.

"By the way, do you know where Anakin went?" Ahsoka requested as they walked down the front steps of the temple.

"I don't know where Skywalker is, Commander," Rex reported, scratching the back of his head.

"Hm. Then you're stuck with me, Rexy." She teased, stating the same thing she told Anakin back at Christophsis. Rex shook his head in a slacked expression before equipping his helmet onto his head, but he was halted by Ahsoka.

"You won't be needing your visor. I want to see you face-to-face while we talk and not behind a helmet. Okay, Rex?" Ahsoka demanded. He concurred and clipped his helm to the top of his field pack.