Seventeen

Tania felt foolish as she placed her heels on the bed next to her outfit. She couldn't comprehend why she'd agreed to go with the group to dinner.

"Where you goin?" Weston poked his head into the room.

"To dinner with some friends." Silence was his response then he entered the room to place himself on the bed next to her clothes.

"I ain't get no invite." Although his tone was joking the statement rubbed her the wrong way. She hated when people expected to be invited everywhere their partner went.

"Would you like me to ask about a plus one?"

"Yeah, thanks babe." Getting up, he grabbed her ass to pull her into a sloppy kiss. A harsh smack was delivered to the flesh before he exited the room.

Tania rubbed her temples at the brewing headache. She couldn't decide if she just wanted to call the entire thing off. Picking up her phone, she noticed a text from flint containing the address and their meeting time.

"Could I bring a plus one?" She sent the message before returning to her clothes. Her outfit was modest but still showed off her curves the way she liked. A notification sound brought her out of her examining.

"Sure", came his reply.
...

"West! Hurry the fuck up!" She banged on the bathroom door one more time before heading back into the kitchen to pick up her purse and keys.

By the time she was finished getting ready, Weston had just started getting dressed. If he didn't come out soon they'd be late.

"I'm comin, baby. You can't rush this." He gave a cocky spin to show off the mediocre slacks, button up, and velvet shoe pairing. The lackluster exchange solidified a thought she'd been having for the last week- Weston wasn't the one for her.

"Just come on." They made their way out to the parking garage and got into his car. Due to his reckless driving it wasn't long before they made it to the restaurant and found a parking spot.

Although only a minute late, Tania felt as if they were an hour late. She hated the feeling- especially seeing as it was a common occurrence with Weston. Exiting the car, she fixed her skirt and smoothed down her wig.

"This looks fancy as hell." He commented as they entered the restaurant and waited for a host. Tania couldn't be bothered to reply considering he said that about every restaurant she took him that wasn't fast food.

"Good evening! Do you have a reservation or walk in?" A slender man spoke as he hurriedly took his place behind the counter. Their uniforms were black with gold lettering and gave the place another level of style.

"Hello, we have a reservation. It should be under Flint Littlefield." She smiled back as he nodded and typed in the name.

"That country ass name." Weston commented as he laughed. Tania and the host could only stare at one another- each somehow apologizing for his behavior.

"If you'll both, please, follow me." They were led to a large table that housed Flint, Liam, and another person. Tania could tell it was a woman from her slim figure and wavy blonde hair. As she turned to see what Flint had been looking at, Tania felt her stomach drop. The woman was absolutely gorgeous.

Her features were completely symmetrical, their proportions balanced perfectly. There was a natural red to her cheeks and her skin was the perfect sun kissed color. Her eyes were catlike with a beautiful hazel color that seemed to glow. The natural pouty lips gave her cheeks a hallow look that squared out her jawline. Flint had definitely upgraded.