Chapter 27

Tears trickled down Taehyun's cheeks as he's grazing his fingers on the window glass while sitting on his study table. He felt a sudden nostalgia while staring at the rain outside through the window glass.
‍ 
‍ 
Thirteen years ago.

The little boy enthusiastically got out of his room and ran down the stairs to go to his mother in the kitchen who's currently washing the dishes.

"Mom, can I go play outside?" The little boy asked at the moment he reached his mother, looking up while tugging her apron, his eyes sparkling with hope.

His mother looked down at him. "But it's raining outside hun." She said softly.

"Yeah, and it's more fun to play outside when it's raining mom." Taehyun said, smiling.

His mother gave him a disapproving look. "Still no, you can't go outside." She said before resuming what she's doing making Taehyun pout.

"But mom.." He whined as he kept on tugging her apron, looking up at her with pleading eyes.

His mother brought back her eyes on him and sighed, wiping her wet hands before kneeling down, holding her little son's shoulder.

"You can't, you'll probably catch a cold. Just go watch cartoons on the television instead, okay?" She uttered. The little boy hesitantly nodded, his lips forming a pout for the second time.

Taehyun goes to the living room. He grabbed the remote control and opened their television, but instead of watching TV, he sneakily went in their front door and silently opened it, afraid to be caught by his mother before going outside to play.

After a minute or so, the mother is done washing the dishes. She fixed herself before going into the living room to check on her son only to see Taehyun wasn't there. The TV is open but her son isn't there.

The mother panicked. "Oh god, did he go outside?" She asked herself.

She immediately opened their front door and went outside, forgetting to grab an umbrella.

And there, she's being met by the view of her son, completely drenched while jumping, running, turning around as he laughs enthusiastically, spreading and raising his arms. His hands formed into small fists while waving them in the air.

She smiled at the sight despite her son being stubborn.

The little boy suddenly saw an orange-colored dragonfly, flying in front of him. Taehyun tried to reach the beautiful small creature, only for it to fly away.

Taehyun ran, trying to catch the winged insect but got interrupted when he heard his mother calling his name.

"Taehyun!" She yelled while heading towards him. Taehyun just stepped backwards, running away from her.

"Taehyun!" But Taehyun didn't budge to stop from running.

So, Taehyun ended up giggling his ass off while running underneath the rain with his mother catching him behind. Fortunately, after that day, neither Taehyun nor his mother didn't catch a cold.
‍ 
‍ 
Taehyun snapped back to reality, smiling faintly at the memory. He's just five years old that day but the scene is still vivid to him.

He wiped away his tears when he noticed that he was already crying, and flinched when he felt strong arms surprisingly wrapped his waist behind.

"What are you thinking?" Beomgyu asked, and Taehyun was relieved that it was just his boyfriend. Who else though?

The older placed his chin on Taehyun's shoulder.

"Ah, it's nothing." Taehyun replied. Beomgyu just hummed.