Chapter 37

A/n: Some parts might be confusing in here, but all of it will surely fall for a line.
‍‍‍

"Do you still love him?" Gyumi asked out of the blue, which flabbergasted the man in front of her.

"Love who?" The man raised his brow, clueless about what his friend's referring to.

"Beomseok. Do you still love him? don't act like you don't know who and what I am referring to."

"I ain't acting, and how many times do I have to tell you that I don't love Beomseok anymore." The man replied.

"How can I believe that?"

"Look Gyumi, yes I love Beomseok but only before okay? I love Taera even more."

"Shit this, can you not fool me around?! She already died three years ago!"

"Yes she is, but she's still the one to me and it hurts a lot, you know that feeling? Why are you even bringing this topic up?"

"Because-" Gyumi paused as she hung her head low. "Because I'm afraid you might take Beomseok from me." She said, and the man frowned.

"Why would I? You already have a son with him and he has already learned to love you more than he did to me and I'm happy with that for you."

"But I'm still afraid he might leave me." Gyumi muttered. The man heaved a sigh. He reached her back and tapped it gently.

"He won't, don't you trust him? He won't break up with me if he didn't think first about you and the child that you two made although mistakenly."

Gyumi sighed.

"Can you not bring up this sort of topic? It'll only make you cry and make you uglier." The man kidded.

"What the- fucking here's the list of the patients in the ICU, now get out!" Gyumi shouted right near her friend's ear as the man could only cover his ears.

"Stop shouting. God, you'll damage my eardrums." The man said, glaring at her before walking out of the room.

Once the man shut the door closed, Gyumi chuckled before sighing.

It wasn't too long, the door opened yet again, revealing his little sunshine with Taehyun.

"Mom!" Beomgyu ran towards his mom and hugged him.

"What brought you two here?"

"Just too excited to finally see you again and I just wanted a joyride."

"Oh." Gyumi pulled away from the hug.

The door suddenly burst open yet again, revealing a crying girl.

"Doc, my father can't breathe. Please help him." The little girl muttered while hiccuping and wiping her flowing tears.

Beomgyu's mom immediately nodded and grabbed his lab coat.

"You two, just wait for me here and don't roam around. You might get contagious diseases that easily infect someone, understand me?" Gyumi ordered, and the two nodded. She immediately dashed out of the room, following the crying little girl behind.

Taehyun felt sympathy for the girl, remembering the times when his mom was hospitalized too. He was the one who kept calling doctors or whoever medical workers every time his mom was struggling at breathing because of her illness. But he wasn't there when she died because he's at school. Albeit he doesn't want to go to school because he always chooses to stay with his mom in the hospital to take care of her, his mom insisted for him to go, saying that she's okay. She doesn't know about him being bullied at school though.

The day his mom died, Taehyun was late to come to the hospital because of his bully Yoochan. So, when Taehyun found a perfect time and was able to run out from his bully, he immediately goes to the hospital but she's already inside the morgue, lifeless. And that's the time he last saw his mother.

Taehyun felt his head being lifted up as he felt soft hands on his cheeks, trying to wipe his tears. He didn't notice he was already crying.

Beomgyu then leaned in, attempting for a kiss on his lips but the door suddenly flung open which startled them. They briskly looked at the door, showing up a tall doctor.

Doctor Kang. Beomgyu thought. He knows the man, really. He also knows that he's one of his mom's close friends but doesn't know that he's one of his father's exes and also doesn't know he's the reason why he and his father tend to break up before.

"Oh sorry." The doctor smiled anxiously.

"No, it's okay doctor Kang."

"Drop the formality Beomgyu, call me uncle instead. Anyway, where's your mom? She mistook the list of patients that she gave to me."

"Someone just called her."

"Oh, I guess I'll just rummage on her table and drawer, tell her okay?"

Beomgyu nodded as the man began rummaging on his mom's table and in her drawer, finding what he's finding. He doesn't really want to dig out of Gyumi's drawer but he's in a hurry and he needs to get the list as fast as possible.

When he found the list, the man smiled in triumph, looking at Beomgyu and that's the time the red haired boy looked up because it's been hanging low ever since the doctor entered the room.

The man was stunned at the boy's facial features. The boy's cutely fiddling with the hem of Beomgyu's jacket. He kinda looked like his friend, although there's a little bit of a difference between the boy and her. The boy's as if it's his friend but has a mix with someone who's very familiar.

"Who is he?" Though he's in a hurry, he doesn't know why but he still found himself asking for the little red haired boy's name.

"Taehyun, uhm my boyfriend."

"Oh. He's pretty." The doctor complimented.

Taehyun smiled, giving a shy 'thank you' to the man.

"I better go now then."

Beomgyu nodded. The doctor then quickly walked out of the room. Taehyun? He asked and mumbled to no other one but to himself in the hallway.