Chapter 18

"Sarah Rogers!"

The girl turned at the sound of her name but saw no one. Closing the locker door, Sarah jumped slightly as she became face to face with Peter.

"Peter Parker," she said with a lot less enthusiasm.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to lash out at you."

"I know... I got your text."

"Can I talk to you? I know you have this free."

"Don't you have class, though?"

"It's a test. Took it yesterday."

"They let you do that?"

"I told them I had a dentist's appointment this period. Please?"

"We can't wait till lunch?"

"I don't want you upset for a moment longer."

Sarah sighed and walked with him to wherever he was leading which turned out to be underneath the bleachers on the football field. She stood there patiently as Peter gathered his thoughts.

"I didn't mean to snap at you and Ned. It wasn't anything you did, I promise. I really like hanging out with you. A lot."

"Then why have you be—"

"I'm Spider-man!"

Sarah blinked, opening her mouth before closing it. "What?"

"The meltdown at Columbia, yeah, the super spider and I got bit and it's so weird like I have super powers spider senses and everything and watch!"

Peter put his hands up on the bottom of the bleacher and then brought his feet up as well, sticking to it before crawling along the underside to move closer to her.

"I— I, why didn't you tell me? My dad is Captain America, I live with superheroes. I'm a superhero!"

Peter dropped back onto the grass.

"I was hoping it would go away at first and then when it didn't I guess I just went with it but... I'm not an Avenger, you would've..."

"Thought my best friend is cool. You don't have to fight aliens or go every other month to a HYDRA base. Queens needs their own hero, too."

"I really am sorry. It's just— the first week was more stressful than I thought."

"Welcome to crime fighting... when you say spider senses, the web shooting? Is that... is that coming from you?"

"Oh, no, no. Web fluid, designed it myself. Just kind of worked with the whole spider thing."

"Oh thank goodness, I mean not that there would be anything wrong with— no, no it would be a little weird. Apology accepted. I'm going to hug you now, Peter Parker."

He chuckled and opened his arms for Sarah to embrace him.

"Can we not tell anybody. I don't think I'm ready for the world to know who Spider-man is."

"Alright. I won't say a word. Not to Ned, or my dads, or S.H.I.E.L.D."

"Thank you."

Luckily, Ned had accepted Peter back without question so the three musketeers plus Michelle were back. It was more like Charlie's Angels, Michelle obviously the aloof Charlie. She walked with them— Michelle was only there because she was catching the bus that day and the stop was on the other three's pathway. Sarah turned when Michelle had paused, finally reaching the bus stop.