Pain

A/N: Sorry if it took quite a while to make this DX but if some of you haven't noticed, I edited the plot of the previous chapter. You're welcome to take a look :P. Anyways, here is d newest chapter! Don't forget to press da gorgeous star and or type some words in d comment box XP

Alexandria's POV

Jake's face was the last thing I saw before everything went pitch black.

"Game over, my dear." A bone-chilling whisper echoed around the darkness.

"CRACK!"

I screamed and clutched my ribs, staggering around in the darkness, my chest heaving up and down for oxygen. Big mistake. With every slight move, the pain worsened. I winced, tears pricking my eyes.

"We are going to have so much fun."

This time, it felt as if a thousand razor-sharp needles were piercing my skin. Again, I screamed in agony. I can smell the revolting stench of fresh blood in the air.

"Stay strong, my darling, more is yet to come."

Almost instantly, I felt my body go numb.

"No...what now?" I whimpered in my head.

Straining my muscles, I tried to wiggle my fingers, but to no avail. I tried to speak, but no words came out. After a few minutes of struggling, I relaxed my body.

"Am I...dead?" The thought crossed my mind. "Please...let me be dead."

My mind gradually became cloudy and I could not think straight. It was as if I were drunk. I could not see anything, hear anything, feel anything. Even the pain had ceased to a throbbing itch. The darkness continued to press down on my eyelids, forcing them to close. I did not resist this, did not fight to stay concious. Instead, I welcomed my oncoming death with open arms.

"Finally..." Deep within, I smiled as peace flooded my mind.

And just like that, the peace was shattered.

"Are you foolish enough to actually think that I would let you die? So quickly and so easily?" A whisper tickled my ear.

Sorry for the interruption, but I just want to let you know that I am changing into a 3rd person style, just for a little bit tho :D I hope u like it
_________________________________________

Hope. Some say it is the best thing in the world. It gives you a reason to live, to dream, to succeed. Yet some say it is the worst thing in the world. For when you discover that what you hoped for will not come to pass, the pain will be too much to bear, it will shatter your heart into a million tiny pieces and break you like a twig. That was another form of torture inflicted on Alexandria by the cruel demon. He knew it would destroy her, and it did. Somewhere in the darkness, Alexandria heard the devilish cackle of the Midnight Man.

_________________________________________