Chapter 52

Sidharth's life was shattered. He was numb. His heart was not ready to believe the news he got. Aditi was crying, shouting.

Aditi: Sid, are you there? Sid, please say something. I don't know what to do? Sid, please!

Sid was shivering but gathering all strength he asks Aditi," How is she? She is breathing right?"

His heart was shattered and he was not ready to listen to any bad news now.

Aditi: Sid, she is breathing. But I am very scared.

Zain was near to Sid. He was clueless about the accident. But seeing expressions of Sid, he got an idea. He takes the phone from Sid. He looks at the phone.

Zain: Aditi, I am Zain. Please tell me what happened?

Aditi: Naaz had an accident. She is lying in front of me. Blood is flowing from her body. I don't want to lose her Zain. Please do something.

Zain was also shattered with the information. But he somehow composes himself.

Zain: Listen to me carefully. Have you called an Ambulance?

Aditi: Yes I did.

Zain: Where are you right now? Share me the location. We are coming there right now. Incase Ambulance arrives early, inform me. I hope your phone's battery is not low.

Aditi: Battery is enough. I will keep you updated. Please come soon.

Zain: Naaz is a fighter. She is not going to lose it. Think positive. Be strong jaan. You have to be strong now. Take care. We are coming.

Zain Keeps phone down. Sid was frozen at one place.

Zain: Sid! I know how difficult it is for you. But this is not time to sit and think about why it happened. Get up we have to move fast. We have to handle uncle and Aunty too. There are many responsibilities on you Sid. You can't sit like this. Get up.

Zain almost shouts on him and shakes him. Sid broke down. He was crying like a child. Zain somehow manages to make him face the reality. They move ahead to the place. When Zain was starting the car, Aditi tells him, Ambulance has arrived and they are taking her to Jubilee hospital. They move towards the hospital. Aditi completes all paperwork after reaching the hospital. Naaz was carried to the emergency ward. There was much blood loss. Her heart rate was decreased dramatically. In short, the condition was very critical. Aditi was waiting outside the ward. Her clothes were drenched in blood. She was anxious. Zain and Sid reach the hospital. Aditi sees them and runs towards Zain and hugs him tightly. She was crying like mad. Zain pacifies her. Sid sees the nurse coming out of the ward. He runs towards her.

Sid: How is my Naaz? Please tell me she is fine.

Nurse: Patient is critical. Internal organs are damaged. The doctor will tell you in detail. Keep praying, my child. She will be fine.

Sid thoughts – Why this has happened to us? Why I left her alone? Why did I call her when she was disconnecting my call? She already had an intuition. How could I be so careless about my Naaz? I will not forgive myself if anything happens to her. No, Sid, she will be fine. She is my sherni. We are going to marry soon.

He was just sitting there and praying God to take care of Naaz. Her parents and Sid's mother was also there. They all were shattered. Just four days were left for their marriage and this accident had broken every one. After 2 hours doctor comes outside.

Doctor: Who are her parents? I need to do a very important discussion with you. Please follow to my cabin.

Sid: I am her fiance. Can I also be allowed? Please doctor!

Doctor: Yes! You can come.

They all follow the doctor and goes to the doctor's cabin.

Doctor: First of I would like to tell you that she is out of danger. But....

Sid: But what doctor...

Doctor: Please listen to it carefully. Her uterus has been severely damaged. We need to do surgery and remove her uterus.

Preejoji: What are you talking doctor? Uterus removal. That means...

Doctor: Yes, it means she can never become a mother.

Preetoji: What are you saying, doctor? Meri bachi tut jayegi. Aur koi tarika nahi hai?

Doctor: No madam! We have no other option. We have to do the surgery as soon as possible otherwise it could cause damage to her other organs.

Sid: Please go ahead with the operation. We are fine with it. Can I see her once before the operation?

Doctor: Of course! But she is not conscious.

Sid: It's an ok doctor. I just want to see her.

They all come out do formalities for operation. Preetoji was all broken with the news. It is not easy for any girl to accept this fact. That too just before few days of marriage. Sid asks her to sit.

Sid: Ma, why are you crying? Our Naaz is fine now. It is just a small operation.

Preetoji: It is not as easy as it is looking. You are finding it fine but after a few years, things would change. My daughter doesn't deserve this.

Sid: What are you even saying Ma? It is a small thing. For me my Naaz is fine, it is the most relieving news. I promise you I will not leave her alone in any situation. And if anybody is responsible for this then it is me. I was calling her when she was crossing the road. It's all my fault. I will do anything to rectify my mistake. I want my Naaz to be happy forever.

Preetoji: I am scared that how would she react?

Sid: Nobody will tell her anything now. When she will recover, I will tell her. For now, we have to keep our mouth shut.

Preetoji agrees to it. Sid goes to the ward where Naaz was lying unconscious. He sits beside her and takes her hand to his.

Sid: I am sorry jaan. I would not able to forgive me for this. This all happened because of me. Baby, I just want you to be fine. We will together fight it. I don't want anything but just you to be happy. We are together forever. I am not going to leave you for a minute too. You are my life. Please talk to me soon.