Chapter 4

Let's eat! (2)

Krew!

The Forn made a mess of the fruit shelves.

Il-hyun was tracking it carefully.

It was the first living monster he saw. Monsters looked scarier in person than on the screen, he thought.

It ends in this room, now.

Il-hyun knew that he was inexperienced and that it would be dangerous for him if the fight took a long time.

He had to make a surprise attack at once if he wants to remain at an advantage.

He held the knife tightly and approached the Forn, whose back was turned to him.

"Take this!"

He plunged the knife into the monster's back.

As far as he knew, the surprise attack was successful.

The Forn didn't notice him at all until he had plunged the knife in its body.

However...

"Huh?"

The knife stabbed in the monster's neck was lightly crushed.

It looked like a paper knife.

The attack was of little impact because of the Forn's tough skin.

It was an attack that carried the power of the Awakened Il-hyun, but the damage it did was just in the level of acne popping out.

"Aarrghh...!"

Il-hyun, embarrassed, stared blankly at his weapon.

"Kiiiiii-"

"Wait, wait, wait!"

Angry at the unexpected attack, the Forn rushed at him.

Il-hyun ran away. It was an awkward situation. He regretted not bringing a bigger knife.

He chose the fruit-cutting knife among his other kitchen knives because it was easy to hide.

Of course, no matter what he chose, it won't have that much effect.

He needs an AT sword to kill a monster.

Bang!

The Forn threw a rugged spear! It smashed the concrete wall behind Il-hyun.

"Oh, crazy!"

Il-hyun spat out swear words and then raised his fist.

There was no better option than to run away.

"I don't have time to do this."

He had to get things done as quickly as possible to steal ether from the company in charge.

It would be the worst scenario if he was caught, and if he was caught dead from a monster's attack.

Il-hyun calmed his mind and dodged another Forn attack with his dramatically improved reflexes.

Then he punched in, searching for a weakness.

Paak!

The Forn's head turned from the impact!

The shock hit the monster like a cannon.

To some extent, the damage seemed to have been inflicted well, but it was not enough to bring it down.

After taking a few moments to recover, the Forn took back its spear and swung it at Il-hyun.

Il-hyun grabbed the oncoming spear and grasped it strongly.