Chapter 38

Before the Storm (2)

"What happened?"

One of the team members scratched his head at the scene, the smell of blood overwhelming him.

The underground had traces of violent gunfights and lifeless bodies.

Blood splattered all over the floor and walls. It made the place look like hell.

"I didn't expect this to happen..." muttered the man with a thick voice as he stood in front of a bloody desk.

The dead boss sitting there had a dagger stuck deep into his neck.

All but the terminals are dead, he thought inwardly.

Most of the members who got killed in the scene had a position in the organization.

The executives and their aides, as well as the middle managers, knew something is now dead.

When the remaining suspects were caught and questioned, they didn't give away any valuable information.

"For them to do it in a place like this—" he couldn't finish his sentence.

He tried to roll his head around it, but nothing came to mind.

No matter how big the criminals were, it was crazy to have quietly done this act against a cooperative organization.

There were too many strange things that happened. This kind of gunfight took place while the people outside didn't know of internal strife happening inside.

"I should use my ability once," said the woman who's wearing the hat.

She kneeled and touched the floor with one hand.

Then, as she closed her eyes and concentrated her mind, the surrounding scenery they're at shimmered. She returned to the scene.

Shushu-!

As if rewinding a tape, she saw numerous scenes passing by at high speed.

"It's here."

She opened her eyes.

The dead bodies disappeared, and the members of the fallen group were still alive.

They talked to each other in foreign languages.

She couldn't understand what they're saying, but it was in an intense tone as if they're arguing.

The woman shakes her hand to translate their language into Korean.

"So, you told me not to touch it? It wasn't anything I couldn't handle."

"There is no time to argue! The Aegis has been tracking us!"

They were obviously in a confusing situation.

She started laughing as she watched them.

She thought that you had to play with your opponent in the beginning, and you couldn't understand what you were doing.

While they're arguing, the boss remained silent on his seat.

But the moment he tried to open his mouth, a person in front of him pulled a knife.

Fook!

The man stabbed his dagger into the boss's neck. His eyes were out of focus—like someone was manipulating him.

The entire scene was horrible to watch.

Del Lohas' boss died on the spot. Blood gushed out of his neck, and it poured all over the floor.