Chapter 6

Bounty Hunt (1)

Il-hyun took the piece of wood into the taxi's corner so the driver couldn't see it.

Then, he used his Transformation ability.

He turned it into a small, gray mouse. It was hard to tell from a real rat.

He then focused his power on his Summoning ability.

After a few seconds...

The little mouse squeaked and smelled Il-hyun's hand.

He hurriedly covered the mouse so that it would not make a sound, as he felt proud of what he had just made.

It looked just like the picture of the rat he had at home, the shape was exactly right, and he didn't have to worry about someone finding it.

It looked natural.

The reason why he made a mouse is to help him find the monster.

He heard that a mouse's sense of smell is as developed as a dog's.

It is also unnoticeable, as it is small.

The problem is whether the wooden mouse can also perceive.

"Hey," Il-hyun whispered at it. "Can you smell?"

He shook his palm.

The rat nodded as if it understood his words.

Il-hyun was usually disgusted by mice, but he felt differently for this one because he had created it himself.

"Okay, I only believe in you," he murmured as he placed it in his shirt pocket.

He felt that the taxi driver was looking at him strangely from the rearview mirror, but he didn't seem like a threat to Il-hyun.

He looked on the Internet for news about the situation.

Uh, it looks really disgusting.

Il-hyun stared at the monster's photo on the screen.

It's a monster called Balak, he gathered from the comments and information under the photo.

It has never appeared in Korea, but there was information about it because it has appeared several times in the Middle East.

The government set a bounty of 4 million per monster, apart from the ether value, the information disclosed.

I bet it would be hard to find it...

If not, the low-grade Awakeners, who obtained permission to enter the site, would have caught the monster already, given the bounty.

The mouse in his pocket was his only chance of finding the monster.

The odds are not good.

However, finding the monster would be easier than stealing ether from the government and private companies on the site.

He had no intention of giving up.

"Are you an Awakener?" the taxi driver glanced at the rearview mirror as he spoke to Il-hyun.

Il-hyun nodded after a little pause.

There seemed to be no need to hide.

The taxi driver asked him. "Why go into that place? Do you have a good reason?"

"...No, nothing."

The taxi driver shook his gray head and continued.

"The money is good, but take care. My daughter Naomi was also seriously hurt while working there... I thought my life would change once I was awakened."