Chapter 33

The Question (1)

"So... Is it because of this?"

Jeong Jin-seong's voice quivered as he looked at the object.

The disturbance device is a black, square-shaped device, with a red light flickering at its center.

It's an instrument that could deliberately interfere or distort satellite or telemetry signals if placed near the gate.

Lee Jeong-hyeop approached. "It's the first time I saw anything like that", he murmured after looking closely.

More than half of the people gathered around didn't even know that Analytical Disturbance devices exist.

Gate operation disruptors such as these are strictly prohibited worldwide.

Deliberately distorting the signals is considered a terror attack, as it brings danger not only to the Awakeners but also to the citizens around the area.

Even unauthorized access to gates is already considered a serious crime; bringing a device such as this guarantees a long prison sentence.

The man Il-hyun caught looked around with anxious eyes.

High-ranking Awakeners surrounded him.

Just by looking at their faces, their strength and power were obvious, even if he didn't know all of them.

Even if he had ten lives, he wouldn't be able to escape.

Lee Soo-yeon looked down at him.

"Everyone is here now; you need to tell us who you are," she commanded.

The man naturally did not understand Korean. A simultaneous interpreter was placed on the man's ear.

"Tell me what group you're with and what your purpose is here. Do you realize what you were caught doing? You cannot escape."

His crime was not simply scavenging or trespassing. It was probably the cause of all the analytical errors that occurred in the B0 gate incident.

This was serious terrorism.

The man replied with hesitation. "I...I can't talk. Just hand me over to the police."

Lee Soo-yeon grabbed the man's ear and pulled it. "Oh, can't you understand what I said? We were in danger because of you, do you think we'll just hand you over to the police?"

The man trembled with fear because of her threatening attitude.

"All the people have gathered, and now I need to tell him who I am."

Lee Soo-yeon said, looking down at the man.

The man naturally did not understand Korean, and she put a simultaneous interpreter in one ear of the man.

"Tell me where you belong and what your purpose is here. Do you know what you were caught doing? You shouldn't be thinking about moving on.

This work was different from Scavenger or trespassing.

It was also highly likely that it was related to all the analytical errors that had occurred so far in the event of serious terrorism.

It wasn't hard to get over with a smile.

"I... I can't speak. Just hand it over to the police."

The man replied with hesitation.

"Oh, can't you understand the words? We weren't the only ones who got hit by you, but you think you're going over there if you hand it over to the police?"