Chapter 39

Before the Storm (3)

"Yes. I remember you." Ilhyun smiled and greeted her, not sure if he would see her again.

They met at a time when he was struggling to get the core without proper equipment.

It was nice to see someone he met at that time.

"Right? You said we would definitely see each other...In less than a month, I heard about the Aegis. I'm really surprised to see you here."

"Oh. A reporter is here. Do you know her?" Ghost, who's already had a close relationship with Park So-Yeon, looked at them with interest.

"I saw it once when I awakened. When the monster was released from downtown Seoul, it was one hell of a surprise."

"You know each other?" Ilhyun suddenly asked this time.

Ghost and Park So-Yeon nodded at the same time.

Il-hyun's head was filling in with question marks.

There was no reason why an Aegis's awakener had a very close relationship with the reporter, but Ghost knew her.

Also, other awakeners recognized her the day before.

A famous reporter with a well-known name could convince him, but he wasn't familiar with her's.

Ilhyun had searched for her name after his strange encounter with Park Se-Yeon at that time.

If you're a famous journalist, someone will know right away if they went through the Internet.

But there was no information about her.

It was just about the releases of the articles or videos she wrote.

Besides, there were many blind treatments.

"Sometimes I go to the scene. Are you here again for it?"

"No, I'm not, and I came to Spain for personal reasons. But since the Aegis A team is coming to Madrid, I've come to see if what I saw was really right. I couldn't believe you had already caught a Class B monster."

"He caught it a little faster than everyone else."

He was amazed at the beginning of the conversation.

"Wait, did you go to work together? With the reporter?"

Il-hyun shook his head like he had heard something wrong.

No matter how hard a reporter wants to die, it doesn't make sense for the Aegis to get inside a B-ranked field.

Whatever the preparation, it was still suicide. And besides, an Aegis couldn't bring just anyone to the scene.

"She's not an ordinary journalist."

"Well, it sounds a little weird to say that?"

Ghost began to explain to Il-hyun about his identity.

Park So-yeon is an awakener once.

She was also a talented player who topped first in the C rankings.

Aegis's workforce is just a monster, but she's a high-level veteran who's recognized worldwide.

In general, there was no reason to be a reporter. May it be for money or fame.

Nevertheless, the reason she worked as a journalist was simple.

Some tragedies broke both the dying and public victims around the world.