Chapter 21

The Hidden Truth (2)

'Nonsense!'

I1hyun murmured as he glimpsed down at the havoc that had taken place.

It wasn't the 20-year evangelism when the gate first appeared.

In an instant, the city was obliterated, and the death toll was estimated to be in the four-digits now.

"It's a fungus, and it will proliferate endlessly. Perhaps you've likely got to the subway Team leader Jeong, and I'll go straight to the center and take care of the multiplying area."

Said Lee Soo-yeon, trying to catch her nerves.

The monstrous fungus had made its presence often, always bringing with it the disasters that were hard to eliminate due to its rapid rate of multiplication.

What was worse was its quick human transmission, which draws psychological pressure as well.

I1hyun was not aware of the impending wreck yet.

"No... Does this happen frequently?"

Panicking, he asked.

All of them had their equipment ready and were just waiting for the right moment to take action.

"Even in Korea, where high-ranking awakened people are filled, there are several deaths at sudden gates. But did you think you could stop all of this from happening all over the world? On this extensive ground?"

It has been said that overseas was more dangerous than the domestic gates.

But this was never the case.

It was covered in the news that hundreds of thousands of people died or were injured at times, so it was really in their hands.

"I have never heard of this damage."

"That's right, of course, because the whole world is out and controlling the media. Government and international organizations."

Replied Lee Soo-yeon curtly.

Ilhyun felt incredibly spinning when he heard unbelievable words.

It was a completely different world from what he had known so far and he was partially prepared for it.

"Anyway, I'll explain in detail later, but first, put out the fire. Help rescue the citizens by reducing the number of outside populations as much as possible."

All the other team members checked the equipment and were ready.

They landed on the rooftop of a five-story building in the heart of the city.

The deathly fungi were shattered by a sword at once as they approached them.

Three awakeners landed on the rooftops. Two of them advanced to impede the breeding

as much as possible. Meanwhile, the awakeners in the city were blocking the external damage.

All the monsters were out now, and the gates closed.

Ilhyun slowly pulled his sword.

The rooftop pictured a scene of a blockbuster movie. Ilhyun had to take action now.

First off, the monsters in front of him were the first thing to do.

The fungi flocked when they saw the plane landing.

"Leave it and go first."

Seok Pil-jun said in a confident tone without looking back.

Ghost nodded and grabbed Ilhyun's sleeve.