fifteen years.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
♡♡♡

levi began to like eren.

levi wanted eren all to himself. he didn't want to share him with armin, mikasa, or anyone, in fact. he wanted to hide eren in his backpack, to keep him covered in the blankets of his brain.

to him, eren was no longer human. he did not possess flaws of any kind, he could never make a mistake.

with eren, it was like levi had put a filter on him. it was like he had utterly refused to see what eren truly was, and instead, saw imaginary flowers blooming from the patches of grass he ran on, heard angels and opera singers instead of eren's voice. 

he had planted a false perception, a false attitude, of eren. he wished so desperately for him to be perfect.

respect for armin flew by in the wind, replacing it with the harsher blow of envy and jealousy. he was full of poison, and he was addicted to it.

"levi," muttered one of his friends, hange zoe. "do you want your chocolate milk? because if you're not gonna drink it, then i'll take it."

"shut up, could you?"

hange scoffed and instead turned to talk with erwin, pushing her glasses up as she raved on about the same thing as she always did.

farlan and isabel were not with them today. instead of sitting down with a mopey levi, enthusiastic hange, and a pleasant erwin, they decided to stroll around the school aimlessly. 

there was nobody to stop levi was staring at eren's table with intense fascination, unconsciously imagining himself as armin, replacing the blonde hair with black, replacing the long hair with short.

and yet, he would never be armin. he would never skip in the hallways, holding hands with the pretty boy. he would never wander the school premises while looking for an exit with the pretty boy.

he would never be the perfect, pretty boy. and yet, levi wanted to be him so badly.

❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥
❥❥❥

"eren, you have to see the view!" armin shouted, looking behind him to see that eren was racing after him.

"it's a very gorgeous sunset," he said, grabbing armin's hand once he had stopped running. they walked down the slope and settled by the moderately brown sand near the water.

armin laid down the red checkered picnic blanket and eren sat down the basket and radio. they looked at each other for three seconds and laughed.

"why are you looking at me like that?" eren asked, tuning the radio to armin's favorite radio.

"you looked at me first, you nincompoop. i just returned the gesture," armin said, bopping his head a bit at the song playing.

eren huffed and sat down on the blanket, pulling a juice box, sipping on the apple juice.

"we have to see this again someday," eren said dazedly, staring at the motionless waters, throwing a stone into it just to see the light pitter-patter it had.

"we will, i promise."

armin clutched his hand, and only the draining noises of eren sipping his apple juice could be heard.