seven | beachside jam

AMANDA

AMANDA

"A bike shack right where my house used to be. Right here," Reggie says, as he and the 3 other phantoms stood a couple feet away from the bike shack, in place of his old house use to be. It was the last stop on the group's throwback tour. Amanda felt anxious just being there. The last memory she had of this place wasn't one she'd like to reminisce. The faster the group left, the more at peace she'd be.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, man," Luke sympathize, patting the bassist's shoulder.

"At least we have some great memories of the times at your place," Amanda mentions, bring a small smile to Reggie's face. It was true, even though there were rarely good memories of Reggie and his family. Of the ones he had, his favorite memories were when the band came over. Others were the nights that Amanda dropped by and the two spent the whole night talking.

"They made the Meyersons' house into a noodle shop. Why couldn't they made mine a pizzeria or something?" Reggie pouts, as the female phantom quietly chuckled.

"They tore down the whole neighborhood," Alex states, pointing towards the bassist's old neighborhood. Within the span of 25 years, everything has changed. People have moved on, new technological advancements were being made, and it scared Amanda.

"I guess my folks are gone," Reggie sighs, as Luke walked over to a fallen tree that sat in the sand, taking a seat.

"Everyone's gone," Amanda says, looking over at the two male phantoms standing beside her.

"25 years, gone. Friends, family, Bobby, everyone," Alex frowns, listing all the people from their past lives that were gone. Bobby. He and the female blonde never really got along when they first met. Eventually, she grew to like such a snarky and sarcastic guy.

"Bobby, that's right. I guess that vegetarian lucked out. What do you think happened to him?" Reggie asked, nudging drummer's with his elbow.

"He probably just got old like everyone else and moved on," Luke replies as he stands up, gaining the attention of his fellow bandmates.

"Dude, how are you so casual about all of this? Don't you wanna figure out what happened?" Alex questioned.

"Let's be real for a second. It's not like any of us were that close to our families," Luke scoffed.

"That's not true," Amanda interjected, shaking her head.

"Yeah, it's is. My folks always regretted buying me that guitar," he spoke, giving the female a pointed look.

"Reggie, your parents were literally a fight away from a divorce," Luke continued, causing Reggie to look at his feet. The guitarist looked Alex, a flash of hurt in eyes as he continued to point out their family flaws.

"Alex, I—Your parents were never cool again after you told them you were gay," he states, before turning towards the keyboardist, who wore a glare on her face.