Chapter 6

I woke up with an arm around my waist and hummed contently as I turned around to meet the blonde's face. The familiar feeling of being held by Emma always improved my mornings.

"Good morning," I whispered and opened my eyes.

It was exactly at that moment that the memories came flooding back. Emma and I weren't married nor together and the only reason she was in my bed was because otherwise Henry would get suspicious and she found it a waste of time to make the bed in the guest bedroom.

Although it was oh so very wrong to enjoy this moment with the intensity I did, I couldn't help it. Emma and I were not a couple, that was a fact, but having Emma's arms around me gave me a strange feeling of security.

"Good morning," Emma replied and her eyes fluttered open. "I promised to meet up with my parents at nine o'clock in Granny's. And maybe Hook's got some useful information about the curse as well, there must be some clue."

I tried to keep a straight face when Emma mentioned Hook, but I felt the corner of my lip twitching in contempt as she spoke the name.

"We'll figure out who did it and why. We always do," I vowed and I had to fight the urge to kiss those dainty lips that Emma puckered as she was lost in thought.

~~~~

"Yes, we all did go to the Enchanted Forest." Hook sat beside Emma in the booth and he evidently enjoyed it. So far, he hadn't made a snarky comment to me, but I wondered how long that was going to last.

He caught Snow and Charming's attention. They had been wondering whether they'd actually left Storybrooke, given their lack of memories.

Henry was sitting in another booth, far away from us, not willing to interrupt us and too fixated on his video game, which he was playing with earphones in.

"I was there too. But, as I wasn't in the community spirit, I left. The last thing I knew was you going to your old castle."

Emma looked aside to Hook and he seemed to appreciate all the attention. I rolled my eyes, but straightened my posture.

I was not going to let Hook get to me. He maybe was of good use, now, but after this curse was broken, I was never going to talk to that man again.

"How did you know where to find us?" Emma asked intrigued and I saw a smirk forming on Hook's lips.

Why was it that every little thing that man did, annoyed me to the bone?

"I always do," he teased to which Emma responded with a eye roll. "I was sailing on the Jolly Roger when I felt a bird landing on my shoulder. He had a note and a potion, saying I should get it to you and Miss Evil over there."

I knew Killian was only saying that to spite me and I hated that it had an effect on me. Having the word "evil" used against me, brought up some horrible memories that I tried so hard to forget.

Emma grabbed Hook's hand and squeezed it. The look in her eyes made clear that it was to scold him, but he just flashed a grin at me.

"Who sent it to you?" Snow asked, ignoring all the glances.

"I assumed you did," Hook said.

Snow and Charming let the information sink in and I looked at the couple. Snow was far along with her pregnancy and despite having a human grow inside her, she seemed rather optimistic.